Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last sunday I stayed in bed once I looked outside and saw the Rain coming down. But a few of our guys still went up to Bumble bee to ride the river trail to Cleator. Hmmmmmmm Bad Idea after all.

These videos are from yesterday. They left all of the UTVs out there last sunday after they got stranded by the rising river and there was no way out. So they called a friend who has a Huey Helicopter and he flew out and picked them all up of the river banks before the Sherriff rescue copter came out. Guess it pays to have friends with Hueys..

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Holy Sh__ Batman!

I don't like calling people stupid because we have all been there but this was a bad choice to take the side x sides out there this day. In Arizona we have a law called the stupid motorist law that put's the responsiblity and payment for rescue and recovery to the "stupid motorist" that finds themself stuck in fast moving water trying to get across. A little different here but same idea. Good choice staying home Todd.

Use common sense out there guys this stuff can get you killed quickly.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know they were aware of the possible problems once they were were way into the trail and the only way in or out was by multiple river crossings. they were trying to get the one teryx off a rock and spent over an hour doing so as the water came up and rolled it over . then they tried getting the hell out but by then it was late in the day and the water was to high. Thats when they abandoned the other two utvs to higher ground and called Dillon in to pick them up. Kris was in the mix of it all to go figure Huh.. but atleast everyone is ok.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You know they were aware of the possible problems once they were were way into the trail and the only way in or out was by multiple river crossings. they were trying to get the one teryx off a rock and spent over an hour doing so as the water came up and rolled it over . then they tried getting the hell out but by then it was late in the day and the water was to high. Thats when they abandoned the other two utvs to higher ground and called Dillon in to pick them up. Kris was in the mix of it all to go figure Huh.. but atleast everyone is ok.

Taylor? As long as he had smokes I'm sure he was just fine. Glad everyone made it out safely.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that is what happens when drive a Teryx or a RZR?
Rzr 2 seaters float and so does the Rzr 4 Gordon edition, tyrex rolled over twice and played dead. Prowler owners are a little sharper than your average Knife ya know. I stayed home in bed while it rained. :rolleyes: I was gettin some.. Lol.
Funny thing they drained the fuel changed the oil right there and the Rzrs fired right up. The fuel pump on the Tyrex was done so it would not start but with fuel added by them it would run. At least the air lift is called off.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taylor? As long as he had smokes I'm sure he was just fine. Glad everyone made it out safely.
Imagine that Taylor smokin. Im sure a few beers were had somewhere along the way.
Im telling you that we always have interesting rides it never fails. This one was over the top though. :eek:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Imagine that Taylor smokin. Im sure a few beers were had somewhere along the way.
Im telling you that we always have interesting rides it never fails. This one was over the top though. :eek:

I am looking forward to riding with you guys. Note to self bring satellite phone when riding with Warlock and Taylor! Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts