Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need to remove the right side crank case, but don't have the puller, P/N 644-365. I went looking for a pic of one, for guidance in improvisation, but no dice. Have any of you fellas conquered this mountain before?
I am also having a bit of trouble with removing the crankshaft flange nut and spacer, under the magneto cover. Any advice for removal?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think I used this video as a reference. You don't have to go to the extreme of mounting the case to anything like they did. But it gives you a good reference. I got lucky and had a friend that had a case splitting tool that I used. But you can likely rent the tool maybe from a local shop (maybe Autozone or O'Reillys would have one as a rental). At the very least, I think the video posts an online option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFwQ3xqD1jI

Maybe a picture of the other item you are talking about would help me help you with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link, Outwest. I've got a hold of a puller/splitter, now I just need to get the nut off! I tried to post a pic, but have not posted here enough yet! I will PM the url to you.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
You can't go wrong with Shane's help! That is what this site is all about, members helping members!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't recall anything special with that flange nut. If you have access to an impact gun it should spin that right off.

Do you have the free service manual? It has a lot of good info in it. I'm sure somebody else here will direct you to it shortly if you don't have it. It helped me a lot during my engine rebuild. Wouldn't have been able to do it without it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks for the link, Outwest. I've got a hold of a puller/splitter, now I just need to get the nut off! I tried to post a pic, but have not posted here enough yet! I will PM the url to you.
creeperxo if you go to the top of the page and click on faq it will give you all kinds of different information...............:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,

I have the manual, and have been through it. This is the first atv/utv engine I've dealt with, I've mostly been into air cooled VW's, so the help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts