Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Rode twice in the shop twice!

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  GlamisProwler 
#1 ·
Well guys we went riding on the weekend, and I'm not sold on the reliability of the XTZ. Mine kept boiling over, and over heating. Rear diff pressured up and blew the seal out. And the dealer is saying they are not making them for 2010. SO honestly do you guys really have no problems with these things or did I get a Monday morning or Friday afternoon one. My cousins is back in the shop as well, not motor problems this time, but clutch issues.

#4 ·
Hello

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the XTZ. The boiling over is a problem a few guys have had with the XTZ for sure. I think it is related to air in the system and it needs to be purged out. I have never had an over heat or any sign of it and I have been out in hot temps in AZ with mine when I had it. The guys from MCX-USA turbos did a lot of testing in Moab on my XTZ and never saw any sign of over heating even with 11 psi of boost from the turbo. The seal blew out or the axle came out a little bit? My guess is the axle came out and this is also a known problem that every one has or will have once they ride on concrete I promise. Arctic Cat is supposed to have a fix for this very soon if not already at the dealers. They tried the rubber o-ring fix 4 times on mine and it didn't do a damn thing. Hang in there and you will be happy in the long run. Like any other first year vehicle it will have it's share of bugs that will get sorted out eventually. Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards,

#5 ·
Hey Grizz, sorry to hear that.No you are not the only one that has had problems.You are the first one that i have heard of that had both of the problems you described.And that is the first time i have heard of a clutch issue with a xtz.I have to wonder if the clutch issue was the dealers fault.Ya know like the dealer sent them a new motor for your friend and they swapped over all the other parts.
I will say this i know it is disapointing to have problems with your 14000.00 dollar xtz.Arctic cat will fix it though.At least they have been.And you are totaly justified in being unsatisfied.But when they do fix it and i am confident they will.It will be reliable and you will trust it.And when you drive past rhino's,teryx's,and razor's It will be worth it.

#8 ·
XTZ Issues.

A couple of us here are having issues with the outer CV joints, pulling from their sockets. Weird as hell cause it's happened when driving slow through ruts or over hills. Not impressed anyway. No warranty!! Also having issues with a whining noise from the clutch area. Dealership pi$$ed us off, forced to get another to help us, I guess!! Anyone know if a Gorilla axle kit will fix us up, or are there other issues I'm unaware of? Thanks!

#10 ·
Why no warranty?
A couple of us here are having issues with the outer CV joints, pulling from their sockets. Weird as hell cause it's happened when driving slow through ruts or over hills. Not impressed anyway. No warranty!! Also having issues with a whining noise from the clutch area. Dealership pi$$ed us off, forced to get another to help us, I guess!! Anyone know if a Gorilla axle kit will fix us up, or are there other issues I'm unaware of? Thanks!

#15 ·
No Warranty!

Drive line damage is the toughest warranty to get from any dealership. Dealer is trying still, to have cat cover the problem, but I told them to suck it up & pay for it, if warranty will cover their cost great, if not tuff $h!t. Not my problem with only 400 km on it! Obviously a design flaw! 90% of your warranty issues will be with your dealer, not the designer! I know of our Can Am dealer here, covering "obvious abuse" issues with others, just to not have a bad word spread about their dealership. That takes real balls! Bravo, time for a Can Am? Have to see what their SxS is all about, once released!! ;)

#16 ·
Drive line damage is the toughest warranty to get from any dealership. Dealer is trying still, to have cat cover the problem, but I told them to suck it up & pay for it, if warranty will cover their cost great, if not tuff $h!t. Not my problem with only 400 km on it! Obviously a design flaw! 90% of your warranty issues will be with your dealer, not the designer! I know of our Can Am dealer here, covering "obvious abuse" issues with others, just to not have a bad word spread about their dealership. That takes real balls! Bravo, time for a Can Am? Have to see what their SxS is all about, once released!! ;)
the dealer here in lake havasu arizona just took over arctic cat about 6/7 months ago the sell mostly rangers & some rhinos so the realy don't care about ac it's just a headache for them

#19 ·
Well I'm glad to see people are having other problems as well! The way this forum goes it sounded like I was the only one!! Wish I was in the states with the lemon law! I'd take this shitty kitty back! I talked to ac customer service today and they basically told me I'm stuck with it. So trading it off, and taking a 4000.00 dollar bath. Lesson learnt don't buy a shitty kitty!! I guess it took them 10 to 20 years to build a good sled what's the difference now! Maybe I'll buy another prowler in 2020! LOL!

#24 ·
Well I'm glad to see people are having other problems as well! The way this forum goes it sounded like I was the only one!! Wish I was in the states with the lemon law! I'd take this shitty kitty back! I talked to ac customer service today and they basically told me I'm stuck with it. So trading it off, and taking a 4000.00 dollar bath. Lesson learnt don't buy a shitty kitty!! I guess it took them 10 to 20 years to build a good sled what's the difference now! Maybe I'll buy another prowler in 2020! LOL!

Man i am sorry to hear your outcome. We run polls and threads here and talk about the major issues to try to solve the problems. I wish AC just gave you a new machine, I honestly think this is 1st year problems. good luck, if we can help, let us know!!

#20 ·
Seems AC engineering needs to get on this diff problem. I have a complaint in to AC for this problem. My front diff on my XTZ was replaced after the second seal leaked again. My rear diff seal has been replaced 3 times. Arctic cat is not recommending anything to the dealer. My dealer, AZ west in LAke Havasu City, AZ has worked out a fix hopefully. They ran a breather line out of the bellows mount on the diff, then into a brass T. Ran both sides out of the T up into the plastic shield between the seats and the dump box, with both lines topped with the bellows. Only drove it once like this, but it was 115 degrees out, and ran it hard for about 1/2 hour. No seal leak! They may have found a solution. They also put synthetic diff oil in, which should help the high temps.

#23 ·
XTZ and 700 PROWLERS DIFF ISSUES

Seems AC engineering needs to get on this diff problem. I have a complaint in to AC for this problem. My front diff on my XTZ was replaced after the second seal leaked again. My rear diff seal has been replaced 3 times. Arctic Cat is not recommending anything to the dealer, to the dismay and anger of us owners. My dealer, AZ WEST, in LAke Havasu City, ARISONA has gone out of their way to solve these issues, even without ARCTIC CAT AUTHORIZATION! They have worked out a fix hopefully. They ran a breather line out of the bellows mount on the diff, then into a brass T. Ran both sides out of the T, up into the plastic shield between the seats and the dump box, and topped both lines with the bellows. Only drove it once like this, but it was 115 degrees outside, and ran it hard for about 1/2 hour. No seal leak! They may have found a solution. They also put synthetic diff oil in, which should help the high temps.:):D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.