Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a AC half windshield on my XTZ and it worked great. The wind and dust would go up and over my head when riding. Recently I installed the AC roof and headliner kit and now the wind and dust hits me square in the face. I'm thinking about mounting a 8-10" wide piece of plexiglass at the top up against the roof to see if that will help redirect the wind/dust from my face. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 700 xtx first thing I installed was a full windshield. When riding we would get lots of dust in the cab. Recently I added a full roof to the xtx and now it seams that we don't get all that dust in the cab. Not sure if have a full windshiled makes a difference compared to half windshield.

Just my 2 cents worth
Rookie61

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run a half windshield with a factory top on my XTZ but I also have half doors installed. I drive some very dusty roads here in Idaho and I would have to say my dust problem is minimal. The doors making the deference.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am glad to hear the doors make a difference.
I have the half windshield and the dust pulls forward into the cab area. I removed the half windshield yesterday and will put it back as soon as my Suicide Doors are complete. (I ordered them over 7 weeks ago) I was hoping with the addition of the doors, the dust would not boil upfront.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm only having the dust issue when following someone. Without the roof, the half windsheild would redirect the dust and wind up over my head. Now with the roof it hits me right at eye level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the factory half windshield on the bottom and then cut a piece of plexiglass for the top half leaving a ~3-4" gap right at eye level. That worked good for a while but the last time I trailered, the plexiglass broke out. I'm now looking into getting the factory "Tip Out Windshield" for the top half but am trying to figure out what the difference is between model 1436-362 for $440 list and 1436-374 for about $200. They both look like the same thing. Does anyone know what the difference is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts