Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 650 XT Prowler with a full windshield and full rear window. I would like to put a soft top or roof on it, but don't know if the soft tops will mount with the full window/rear windshield.

Anybody have any experience with that?

Roofs seem spendy, but Arctic Cat looks like they have a 2 piece model for under $250. Anybody tried one of those?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

:confused:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
my 1000 has the 2 piece top , it fits nice and you have to look hard to see it's 2 piece once installed. they use a strip of rubber sealant between the two pieces and it's water proof with that. ... I also have a soft back window that is in place under the 2 piece top as well as the 2 piece windshield ... all is well under there :)

ON EDIT ... BTW no noise do to wind with the top either

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a 2008 650 XT Prowler with a full windshield and full rear window. I would like to put a soft top or roof on it, but don't know if the soft tops will mount with the full window/rear windshield.

Anybody have any experience with that?

Roofs seem spendy, but Arctic Cat looks like they have a 2 piece model for under $250. Anybody tried one of those?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

:confused:
I nave a 2009 700 xtx with full windshield and full real window with a sound bar in rear part of the roll cage and my soft top fits fine.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
my 1000 has the 2 piece top , it fits nice and you have to look hard to see it's 2 piece once installed. they use a strip of rubber sealant between the two pieces and it's water proof with that. ... I also have a soft back window that is in place under the 2 piece top as well as the 2 piece windshield ... all is well under there :)

ON EDIT ... BTW no noise do to wind with the top either
As a dealer, I would say this is the best AC top out there. For $229.95 MSRP, this sure beats a lot of the tops.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You won't be able to run the soft roof unless you want to modify.

The back straps go around the headrest brace and with you having a back window in the way I don't see it working.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The pieces you bolt on the front of your rool cage can also be put on the rear bar of the roll cage so you can attach the soft top. If you look at my pics you will see that i don't have head rest in mine,I had to cut them out when i put my seats in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the replies. I think I'm kind of leaning towards the 2 piece roof - looks like a good value. I'm going to pick up my Prowler from the shop tomorrow. Soon I will be posting a teaser about the problem I had to have fixed, and what the fix turned out to be. Stay tuned ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
any updates on the 2 pc roof kit? I just ordered one for mine yesterday. I also ordered the rear bumper and an accessory switch for my stereo which I plan to mount in the overhead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
do you happen to have any pix of it installed? I am supposed to pick it up today. I can still return it before its opened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I ordered the 2 piece roof as mentioned earlier and it came in last Friday. Got home, opened the box and it was a "universal" fit roof. Let me warn EVERYONE that the universal roof are JUNK when trying to install on a Prowler. I boxed it back up and took it back to the dealer.

He contacted AC only to find out the 2 piece roof is on backorder until July 15. I couldn't wait that long so I started callin around. Found another AC dealer in GA that had it in stock. Ordered and the next day it was waiting on me. I got it installed last night and I like it!

Pretty simple installation, but you do have to drill holes for one of the brackets which was no big deal. It calls for a 25/64" hole, so I just used a 3/8" and "waddled" it out some!

All of the other bolts that secure it to the ROPS will use existing bolts and/or existing holes in the ROPS (from the factory). I am pleased with fit, price, and function!! I highly recommend this roof but there are some restrictions as to what windshields it will work with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts