Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Running 2 xtz throttle bodies instead of 2 700's

I was just poking around on my XTZ and was wondering why you couldn't run two throttle bodies for the 1000. I have heard of running 2 throttle bodies from the 700, but it would save money if you only had to buy one throttle body instead of two. I know you would need a fuel controller and a throttle cable but would it work?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard of a 25 hp gain wirh the 700 and fuel controller. If thats right then I would guess about the same but, It should just cost less money to buy one instead of two for the 700. But all the website I have looked at want you to call to get a price if you want just the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The throttle body assembly is p/n 0470-686 and has a MSRP of $397.79
The throttle cable is p/n 0487-066 and has a MSRP of $37.79
You would need to drill a second hole in the accelerator pedal mount to pass the 2nd cable through, then modify the pedal itself to hold the 2nd cable.
You might be able to use a 2nd intake plenum (p/n 0570-156 with MSRP of $58.49) also and just cap one end of both plenums to adapt the 2nd throttle body to.

Adubaz, can you post pics of how you adapted the TBs to the intake manifolds?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What websites are you looking at that offers this?
I looked at Babbit and Country Cat. They do have the price for the complete throttle bodies assemblies, the price for just the throttle body is what you need to call them about if you want the price. I just didn't know if you need the whole assembly or what comes with just the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You need the entire assembly, the throttle body isn't sold by itself. The assembly is just the complete throttle body, which includes the following parts:

0470-686 1 Throttle - Assembly (inc. below)

Throttle Body (not available indivually)
0430-072 1 Sensor, Throttle Position
5507-234 1 O-Ring, Throttle Position Sensor
5507-231 1 Screw, Machine
0430-074 1 Valve, ISC
5507-233 1 O-Ring, ISC Valve
5507-227 1 Bracket, MAP Sensor
5507-117 2 Screw, Machine
0430-073 1 Sensor, MAP
5507-232 1 O-Ring, MAP Sensor
5507-229 1 Plate, ISC Valve
5507-235 1 O-Ring
5507-223 1 Cover
5507-037 1 Screw, Machine

·
Registered
194 Posts
At this point I would like to bring up that adapting the second tb is not all that easy I will post pics of my setup when I have a few extra minutes but mine is a rough install for testing it is not a completed setup.

I would highly recomend anyone thinking of doing this sort of mod do the other mods first and if you still need more then give it a try. I believe there are large gains to be had with clutching that will be the least expensive upgrade but make the biggest difference in my opinion. I sent a very basic clutch kit to Rick aka Glamis Prowler that will be installed this weekend and tested wait for his results as I believe it will make his machine a whole new beast. Also I am trying a few other untested things with my clutch currently that i will share with you guys once I find the results.

My biggest problem with doing the dual tb setup is that relocation of items like the shifter and cutting of the console will be required and most people will not want those kinds of changes. I say try the other mods you would do like Exhaust and CDI will be out by christmas as I have talked many times with Dynatek about this. And most of all CLUTCHING it made by far the biggest difference on my machine!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
At this point I would like to bring up that adapting the second tb is not all that easy I will post pics of my setup when I have a few extra minutes but mine is a rough install for testing it is not a completed setup.

I would highly recomend anyone thinking of doing this sort of mod do the other mods first and if you still need more then give it a try. I believe there are large gains to be had with clutching that will be the least expensive upgrade but make the biggest difference in my opinion. I sent a very basic clutch kit to Rick aka Glamis Prowler that will be installed this weekend and tested wait for his results as I believe it will make his machine a whole new beast. Also I am trying a few other untested things with my clutch currently that i will share with you guys once I find the results.
My biggest problem with doing the dual tb setup is that relocation of items like the shifter and cutting of the console will be required and most people will not want those kinds of changes. I say try the other mods you would do like Exhaust and CDI will be out by christmas as I have talked many times with Dynatek about this. And most of all CLUTCHING it made by far the biggest difference on my machine!!!!!!!
Thanks for that info. You are correct in the work required to change the shifter, brake and air filter mounting. I'm thinking of reworking that entire area of my frame and air filter setup, build more of a modular bracketry setup that will allow modifications without having to hack everything else.

I'm going to put in some lighter rollers in the clutch this week, since I have to rebuild the drive pulley side anyway. It grenaded on me last Saturday. But it was running 2-3ft deep whoops at 45-50mph before it did it. Finally have the suspension and steering dialed in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi new to the fourm I just bought a prowler 1000 friday and love it also have a 08 tcat with tons of mods should be pushing 90hp and would like to know more about the dual tbs to get more air into it I think the stock intake is causing the cylinders pulsate. so pics would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome thunderprowler! Are these 1000's set up to leave alot of power unused for durability of the drive train components? How do they hold up when all of this additional power is being added?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts