Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a three day trip to little sahara in a few weeks. What is the best bet for 14" tires for the dunes? Dont want to spend a ton of money for a once a year trip but dont want to be stuck going nowhere on stockers. Turbo machine so power is not an issue....

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your going to have a hard time trying to find 14" Paddles. Most will carry 12" I have them in stock and I got discounts for forum guy's Your price would be $135 per paddle and $90 per front smoothie. I also have some rims that would work feel free to call me up and pick my brain a bit at 800-708-9803. Have fun in the dunes!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried yet, I thought there was some clearance issues with putting 12" wheels on the prowler. Can you/anyone confirm?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have not tried yet, I thought there was some clearance issues with putting 12" wheels on the prowler. Can you/anyone confirm?
I have 12 paddles on the rear, no problem with clearance. I believe the clearance issues are with front 12s but they can be made to work.

·
Registered
491 Posts

yes there is a clearance with the caliper and the inside of the wheel . i dont know if running wheel spacers eliminate the problem , but it isnt much. ive seen people take a grinder to the top corner of the caliper and grind it down about a 1/4'' inch or less . UTVinc also sells the caliper relocation brackets that move the caliper closer to the rotor . i run 12'' wheel on the rear with no problems and stockers up front but i will be buying 12 for up front this season

·
Registered
91 Posts
yes there is a clearance with the caliper and the inside of the wheel . i dont know if running wheel spacers eliminate the problem , but it isnt much. ive seen people take a grinder to the top corner of the caliper and grind it down about a 1/4'' inch or less . UTVinc also sells the caliper relocation brackets that move the caliper closer to the rotor . i run 12'' wheel on the rear with no problems and stockers up front but i will be buying 12 for up front this season
I run 2" spacers all away around and just purchased 12" wheels. The fronts didn't fit, so I just bought the UTVinc caliper relocation kit (verses grinding down the caliper) and I'm good to go... The anticipation will be over later today when the tires hit the sand for the first time :D.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I run 2" spacers all away around and just purchased 12" wheels. The fronts didn't fit, so I just bought the UTVinc caliper relocation kit (verses grinding down the caliper) and I'm good to go... The anticipation will be over later today when the tires hit the sand for the first time :D.

good to know its been awhile since this subject came up .. was i right its just a small clearance issue? ride safe and have fun wish we could make this trip !

·
Registered
18 Posts
So what size tire do you run on the 12”X10” rim? Plan on taking the ride out for the first time this year. I have 12”X10” rims what are the suggested tire size and type?
Sorry if it’s a nob ? I’ve coming from the 2 wheeler side.:eek:
thanks,

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Here is the tire info

Dune tire setup (sizes, offsets and such)
Rear tires- 7 paddle skat trak, Lumber Jack carcass 25x12-10
Rear wheel- Douglas blue label, 6061 .125, Offset 3" inside 6.5" outside. 9"
wide 10" diameter rim

Tire/wheel weighs 17 lbs

Front tires- Smooth Buff 2 ply Cheng shin 25x10-12
Front wheel- Douglas red label 6061 .190
Rim came with 2" outside off set a and 5" inside. Valve stem plugged and
relocated so the rim could be flipped. So the finished rim will have 2"
inside off set and 5" outside. Wheel is 7" wide and 12" diameter.

Tire/wheel weighs 18 lbs

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts