Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the RZR forum. Pretty interesting tool for greasing your wheel bearings. Don't know enough to know if this is good or bad for sealed bearings. What are your thoughts?

Two Guys Hobby

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
It looks like an excellent product. It should find a place in many dealership mechanic's tool boxes. Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
That is neat! Should add like to wheel bearings!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does look pretty slick. I just didn't know if you could pack too much grease in the bearing and cause it to blow out the seals once the bearings heat up.

I'm getting ready to install two new rear wheel bearings and debated using this tool even on the new bearings ( I read some comments of people that used it that said they were surprised at how many pumps from the grease gun it took to even fill up the new bearings).

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
assembly line, bare minimum!

Reactions: de3

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It could pay for itself to repack the bearings after going through deep mud and water for extended periods.

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, when one of you buy one, you can let us all know how you like it....:laugh: Unfortunately my machine requires two different units for two different size bearings (of course my luck....:rolleyes:).

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
I'm still on my factory wheel bearings on the fronts! 8,000 + miles. Still, I want to look at that tool again!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Been, and still is a great machine! Very forgiving on the trails!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Looks like a great item to add to the tool box! Ive gone through a few sets of bearings already and this would have saved me a very expensive rear wheel bearing loss 90 miles up a frozen river that ended up taking out the hub as well.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
I can see where that would be a great tool for you to have! Stay safe Leonard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts