Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Prowler - 650n carbed @ would like to convert it to a larger engine ( prefer a RAZOR 1000 EFI). Anyone out here done this or have ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
engine change

welcome to the forum,to be honest with you,Iam sure it be done the member that could tell you his name is sandchris he hasnt been on here for a while,and there is a couple of members that have converted to 1000 prowler motors.Iam sure staying with the articcat motor would be easier.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sandchris ran a Rotax 800 motor bored to 840 in his car for a few years. It was a beast. He now has a built Rotax motor sitting in his garage that has never been run. I can't remember the bore but i think it is a 1080 motor. He has all the drive train components you would need to get everything to match up I believe the motor was built to withstand up to 250 rwhp and 30 pounds of boost. If you are interested in this i will let him know. just pm me.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yes he still has it. It is in pieces in his garage. I think he is going to sell the chassis and the motor separate. The chassis is a 650 with brand new long travel and Turner axles. The engine is a work of art. I believe he was going to purchase the new Can Am Maverick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts