Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i noticed while putting my secondary clutch back together after re-clocking the spring that one of the little felt-like bushings (theres two of them held in by a sprung clip) is all f*&%ed up and coming out, i looked at my parts catalog and it shows no listing for these boogers, any clue as to where to get them or if someone has a junk secondary they would want to pull parts out of??

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
shoe-cam 0823-176

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
screw- machine 0823-177

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not looking for the cam or shoes, i need the circular cloth like bushings that mount inside the clutch that ride on the shaft that are held in by circlips.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sorry I thought you were looking for the stuff I posted.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah you know.. the thingamagiggers!!! lol... I know there are some things that flat out aren't on the parts list. When i was installing my oil press sender I removed the plugs on the oil filter housing where the factory cooler connects. One plug was stripped and neither I or my dealer could find them listed. He had to call Arctic Cat directly and they sent him one. So I gues there are "uncommon" replaceable parts they just don't list. Yours may be one of them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i talked to airdam and the thingymagiggers that are cloth like are not replaceable, hes said hes tried to get them through arctic cat with no success, i asked about using bronze and he said that would be something i could try, or find a whole secondary on ebay... but i cant find any listed, so if anyone has a secondary let me know, not sure if its the same as the 650 and 1000, anybody know?

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I have a trashed secondary (700 XTX), and the bushings are in good shape. I can pull them this weekend and mail to you if you still need them.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a junked one too that I will check this weekend when I'm home.. it's all apart so I can send you the parts if they're still good.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you to both of you, if one of you have the full sheeve with the bushings in it and are willing to send the whole sheeve that would be awesome, airdam said you cant get the bushings out without ruining them because theyre pressed in, so i asked if theyre pressed in why are there circlips holding them in, he said welcome to arctic cat, nobody knows why they do the things they do, but theyre there to keep them from coming out. i dont need the whole secondary just the sheeve but arctic cat has no listing for any single parts besides the cam buttons. oh and the 550-650-700-1000 all used the same secondary from 2007 and up.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ok, I'll have a look when I'm home. the one I have you'll have to get them out of the sheeve because both faces on the spare I have are junk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks ALMOSTXPROWLER

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Same story on my clutch, but I've attached several pics to confirm this is what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be them, looks like you threw rocks in your clutch cover at 7000 rpm,I don't know if you well be able to get the bushings out...

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
That was the result of a bolt backing out! I noticed aluminum flakes on the back of the seats, and bed front! So I looked in the clutch cover, and found the source! I'll see if I can remove them intact.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Another thing I just thought about.. the clutches are from CVTech here in Canada, I'm going to see if I can get a hold of them and look in to getting those bushings. Be good for all members to be able to get these so that we don't have to replace a whole clutch just for this one little part. I'll let you know how I make out, I will still check mine to see if they're any good to get ya back up and running as soon as possible.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another thing I just thought about.. the clutches are from CVTech here in Canada, I'm going to see if I can get a hold of them and look in to getting those bushings. Be good for all members to be able to get these so that we don't have to replace a whole clutch just for this one little part. I'll let you know how I make out, I will still check mine to see if they're any good to get ya back up and running as soon as possible.
Yeah i looked up the web site yesterday but i can't speak French...? Yeah it sucks to have to pay 300$ when a .50$ bushing failed.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You never know what will happen if they dont warranty my engine I may have my Papa Slap primary and my stock secondary for sale you never know?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts