Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed my /// stage 4 clutch I got from Rickym2.. sweet setup! i'm very happy with it by the way. One thing I noticed when I was installing it is my secondary clutch has a pretty good little groove worn in it in one spot.. like the belt was slipping on it for a bit and it got hot and wore it out. Do I need to replace this clutch or can I sand it by hand to clean it up? I don't know of any machine shops close to me and I wanna go riding this weekend... I think this groove is holding my machine back on the top end as the groove is closer to the lower part of the face.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... or maybe someone has one they would like to sell? :)

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your finger nail catch it? You can try and clean up with a scotch brite pad but if it's a big groove then your belt may catch it. Pictures? If you want to go riding this weekend you should be ok but may want to change it out soon. I am only going off your details.
Yeah, my finger nail definitely catches it and now with the new (awesome) clutch it really holds on to the belt and doesn't slip like the stocker i can feel it when it hits the groove and it won't allow my top end to show it full potential. i'm topping out at 55 mph :( ..its a '10 700 xtx

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I found a machine shop that my dealer uses and I'm going to take it there to see if they can machine both faces so they match up and get this thing working the way it should. If not, the dealer wants 517$$ for a replacement! :( if ANYBODY has one they want to ship to Canada, let me know..
Mitch

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might get ahold of airdam and see if he can help ya out. I'm glad your happy with the clucth.
Yeah, it seems to work well, thank you. It just cant work to its full potential because of the groove in the secondary. Its holding back my top end big time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts