Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know the difference in secondary springs... the clutch riddler sent me had a black one, the factory one in my prowler was white, and i have a epi spring that is red...funny thing is the black one in the one riddler sent me is like 2" longer than the others, and the red one is about a 1" longer than the white one...im confused. i put the black one in, clocked to b2 and rpms are like 7000 at 40mph.???? oh and i have red rollers in the primary clutch.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
man thats some serious rpms for 40 mph,DJ if your running epi clutch i would just call them and tell them what your running now and they will let you know what you need to change,my 650 has the clear looking rollers,with i think the red spring.i thought you were gonna switch to airdam. it had the green rollers when it was new.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sounds like you need heavier rollers or put in your epi spring.

All red rollers are very light, those are the lightest AC sells @ 19grams.
Epi utility kit comes with 21grams which are the same as the AC blue.

I think you will be over reving with all RED and the epi as-well although not as bad as the 7k.

I take it the secondary arrived Saturday.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the secondary came saturday at 4, had everything put back together and on the road by 445. only one new issue.....new thread to follow.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man thats some serious rpms for 40 mph,DJ if your running epi clutch i would just call them and tell them what your running now and they will let you know what you need to change,my 650 has the clear looking rollers,with i think the red spring.i thought you were gonna switch to airdam. it had the green rollers when it was new.
i think im gonna run 4 blue and 4 red once i get back from my cabin, i melted my epi rollers when i was having clutch issues before so i went with all red i guess. i left the black spring in for now, and im going to run papa clutch or airdams clutch work before next summer, thats when we spend most our time at the cabin with lots of crawling and creek crossing, winter is spent more of high speed in the desert so no need for lower gearing yet.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
clutch

DJ,the xtx 700 must have a complete different spring and roller weight set up than the 650 h1.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My best guess is with 4Red and 4Blue will drop the rpm 400 to 500 rpm.

Although it may still rev to 7k and get you a few more mph.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My best guess is with 4Red and 4Blue will drop the rpm 400 to 500 rpm.

Although it may still rev to 7k and get you a few more mph.

Best of luck.
this thing is just really quick revving, kinda like a race car with a lightened flywheel, comes up fast and returns to idle fast, but it really screams, the old girl has never ran like this before, fun to drive it when i can practice my drifting like i can in my buddys rzr, never used to be able to get it to spin the damn tires.now it just lights em up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts