Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to put some miles on my Cat last weekend. THings didn't start out great, but ended up good.

Tie rod upper bolt on the drivers side backed out, lost steering. Kind of put me in to some rocks. Odd thing is I found the bolt right where I stopped. But then noticed the drivers side rear was flat. wtf?

Put the bolt back in and torqed the **** out of it. Check.
Put the spare on. Check.

Started looking at the flat tire, no apparent damage. wtf?
Looked closer...cracked/punctured the inner rim. Guess when I went in to the rocks one got wedged between the hub and rim and punctured the rim. Hello ITP :D

THe wife also failed to completely latch her Prestiege door. Its obvious why they are called suicide doors. The damage was minor. But I am going to absolutely fool proof the latches now, somehow.

Other than some tweaking on front and rear coils (bumped up the rears to 250's) and a headset issue, the Cat ran great.

These things absolutely love fuel. Can't say I was surprised. I don't own anything that is good on fuel :eek:

·
Registered
656 Posts
The fuel statement suprises me. Do you ride the 1000? B/c my 650 actually does pretty good. Compared to the rhinos, tyrexs, and razors that i ride with, i'm usually the last one to have to fuel up. Idk, might just be my driving style:rolleyes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel statement suprises me. Do you ride the 1000? B/c my 650 actually does pretty good. Compared to the rhinos, tyrexs, and razors that i ride with, i'm usually the last one to have to fuel up. Idk, might just be my driving style:rolleyes:
XTZ and yes, I have a lead foot :D

And yes. I will break this thing again soon :D

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think our gas tanks are bigger becuse I ride with Rihnos RZRs and Im also the last to fuel up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You might be right. I know the razors have more cc's but my buddies 660 even has to fuel up before me. I was thinking the 660 was 8 gallons. Don't know for sure.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thanks for the update,Keep us posted and hope for no more problems.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was riding with a guy who has a turbo'd 1000 Joyner.

He said "boy that thing really carries the front end". Lol yes it does when you're on the throttle all the time :D

I had to wait for him more than once :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts