Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to the ownership of side x sides. Just bought a 08 prowler 650 with 1000 kms on it. Had it out in the woods today and a couple of times had it shift funny on me. Almost like a grinding before engaging or hard to get out of H and into N. Any thoughts on what I should do. Is this common to have to adjust shift linkage right off the bat? Any upgrades to this problem that I should look into? Any other known issues that I should look after?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome flounder. Yep a few issues on the 650's. Check out the FAQ on the forum page. To get there click on forums from the home page and scroll down to FAQ. Lots of good stuff in there. And about the shifting the linkage on the 650's is usually not adjusted right from the get go. Also if they are idling to high they will have issues going into gear.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have found most of my issues with the grinding because I try to shift to quick without letting the engine idle down first.
Turn down the idle see if that helps and try not to shift to quickly while the engine rpm is coming down.
Also it is not a bad idea to get familiar with the linkage and only takes a few minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts