Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you have taken on the task of lowering your seats yourselves, but, as I have no fabrication facilities (or the know-how to go along with), can anyone recommend a shop in Southern Cal or Western Az that can do this? Maybe Prestige can do it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll call Mike tomorrow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I actually just lowered my seats 4" and reclined then about 1.5". Did it all last week and its actually pretty easy but it is quite involved. The only real obstacle I ran into was the exhaust inhibiting how low you can place the seat mount. I modified mine so it would clear the exhaust allowing me to go lower. At the same time I made a battery mount to accept a full size car battery and everything still uses stock seat pans and mounts. Its a far better and more comfortable seating position in my opinion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually just lowered my seats 4" and reclined then about 1.5". Did it all last week and its actually pretty easy but it is quite involved. The only real obstacle I ran into was the exhaust inhibiting how low you can place the seat mount. I modified mine so it would clear the exhaust allowing me to go lower. At the same time I made a battery mount to accept a full size car battery and everything still uses stock seat pans and mounts. Its a far better and more comfortable seating position in my opinion.
Sounds great! You don't have any pics, do ya?

·
Registered
15 Posts
how bout some pictures!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
These are the only pictures that I have at the moment. Not the greatest quality but my prowler is in pieces right now. The seats give you a general idea of how low and reclined they are now. I lowered them 4" and reclined them about 1.5". The seats are actually 2" wider than standard suspension seats as well. Hope this helps.

Jordan:D

**The last few pictures are of the seats at the stock height (much higher!).**

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
here is a better side by side comparison

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your seats turned out nice!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! I still have a few things to finish but have to wait until I get the motor back together.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yea that really is nice. Something i'm thinking about doing too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts