Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know were can i get some sort tailgate cables, the stock ones are too long and the tailgate hit the bumper wen i open the tailgate..:(

·
Registered
277 Posts
Somebody on here was selling some custom made ones. I bought a set. Don't recall who it was, but hang on....I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
It was the same cable for my 08 650 XT as it was for my 2010 XTZ 1000.

Just don't seem to anxious to update the website.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I can get the material to make them I need an Idea of how mant people want tham and what is a fair price. I will use flat rate shipping.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I took apart the tailgate and ran 3/16" amsteel line thru the gate and spliced an eye on each end to attach to the bed. It looks trick as hell and much stronger than the steel cable. Plus, since it is line instead of cable, it does not kink or get in the way when closing.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why not use " heavy" wire ends,the type you weld onto heavy wire,like for wireing up a winch with ?? Take the cable on the box now and cut it too the length you want it and "crimp" it onto the cut end of your cable !:rolleyes: My 2 cents worth ..those ends you should find at at "auto " center or a parts place for about $1.50 or so each .

·
Registered
583 Posts
Why not use " heavy" wire ends,the type you weld onto heavy wire,like for wireing up a winch with ?? Take the cable on the box now and cut it too the length you want it and "crimp" it onto the cut end of your cable !:rolleyes: My 2 cents worth ..those ends you should find at at "auto " center or a parts place for about $1.50 or so each .
Would any of these be strong enough to support an adult?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there are two set of cables one is 34.95 and the other one is 17.95 which one did you got sandchris?? and what are the difference ?? one say tailgate support kit, this one include same reinforcement or something like that??? Thank you for the info..

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts