Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 650 in for a new seal 7 months ago.(about 60 miles ago) And the belt is getting oil bathed again. Is there a cure for this or should I just peddle it?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Had my 650 in for a new seal 7 months ago.(about 60 miles ago) And the belt is getting oil bathed again. Is there a cure for this or should I just peddle it?
Wait till tomorrow and Dessertcat will answer this he had the same leak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, The seal behind the clutch was leaking so I had it replaced. (the invoice doesn't tell what seal it was just that it was a seal and O-ring) Now when I last used it I could smell burning oil and had to reduce throttle because it was over revving. Looking at the case there is blackened oil on the outside.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Mine was leaking from the shaft seal behind the primary "engine" clutch. The floor had to removed to get everything out. Both clutches had to come off, then the belt cast from the engine side. The shaft seal and o-ring is driven into the case from the back side. When I changed my seal out a new updated seal came, it was a one piece instead of a two piece. Some guys have found a bent shaft but for the most part a new seals will take care of this problem.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had an oil leak issue with my 2009 xtx700, after 4 attempts to fix it, they finally got it right, mine was leaking on the secondary clutch shaft. They replaced the seals and o riings from a 550 engine, new shaft and bearings and has been trouble free for the last 800 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Thanks for the info. If I remember correctly they said they put in a two piece seal. At $600 a pop I don't know if I want to continue fixing this. They don't warranty there work. I have no idea if the guy I bought it from on Ebay was having problems too. And just wiped it clean to stick me with it. I also have another issue with it. When it's warm and just shut down. It sometimes will not turn over, I try pull starting it but it feels like the recoil rope will break before the sob will turn over. If I wait long enough and play with it. It eventually starts. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
421 Posts
hi, thanks for the info. If i remember correctly they said they put in a two piece seal. At $600 a pop i don't know if i want to continue fixing this. They don't warranty there work. I have no idea if the guy i bought it from on ebay was having problems too. And just wiped it clean to stick me with it. I also have another issue with it. When it's warm and just shut down. It sometimes will not turn over, i try pull starting it but it feels like the recoil rope will break before the sob will turn over. If i wait long enough and play with it. It eventually starts. Any ideas on that?
if the float needle in carb is letting fuel leak by it will flood eng with fuel,then when you try to start it it will be hydro locked.(you can not compress liquids)once the fuel has a chance to leak pass piston rings you will be able to crank it over.also check your valve adjustment.if the clearance is too much the decompressor doesnt work and you will extremely high cranking compression.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, It's a 2006 650 Prowler. I will have to have the suggestions made, checked out. Thanks for your help. If it was worth more money I'd trade it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, Been thinking about the possibility of hydro lock. If it's draining past the rings, it would end up in the crankcase. There is no sigh of gas in the oil. When you turn the key nothing at all happens it doesn't even nudge the engine. And the motor will not turn over even with the recoil. ( I had a gm motor that hydro locked from a leaking intake manifold. It demolished the valve train. ) Since I'm on the subject of SOL my Bobcat (gas engine) gravity fed gas, while parked for an extended period. Through the carb, past the rings, and filled the crankcase. Like a lazy fool I didn't check the oil before I started it. The motor now rattles like **** and has a huge loss in power. I guess I should go green and by all electric's.................................................

·
Registered
199 Posts
Some people have been haveing trouble with thier starters as well, AS they explain it, that will cause the same problems you are describing as well..

Is your starter trying to turn over the engine?
If so , then you need to adjust the valves, that should take care of it..
Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Becker, have you removed spark plug yet and then turned it over,and yes vales will cause it to act like it is locked up.If not adjusted properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clutch Seals

' + objMainFrame.arrApplicationTitle['EN'] + ' -- Arctic Cat Consumer: [2007 ATV 650 H1 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4X4 FIS GREEN LE (A2007IBS4BUSM)]                                                                               

#18 the fixed drive spacer is the sealing surface for the seal and the o-ring is seated into the back (cup) part of the spacer. We have replaced it on many atv's/prowlers because of the spacer being worn. If you don't replace the spacer (because of grooves worn by the seal) You will have the same leaky clutch housing, new seal doesn't have a flat surface to seal againts. Hope this helps and isn't too much info. Ask your dealer to order one or I can get you one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, Thanks, just the right amount of info. I'll have that replaced too, and hopefully that's what the dealer didn't do that created the problem again. Thank you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts