Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , well i guess i have smoked a belt.Don't really know how it happened, but never the less it is toast. So , my question is this. I need a replacement belt . Is there any aftermarket ones , and if so which is the best. I'm sending:confused: my primary off to Airdam and start with his stage one and go from there.

·
Registered
271 Posts
bob i have tried callin you back a few times. you can gimme a call whenever you get this message.

ONLY buy a factory belt. aftermarket belts have ceramic fibers in them to keep the belt cooler under loads, but if the belt ever does slip with the aftermarket belts, the ceramic fibers and particles will chew into your primary clutch and eat a groove into it quick!. all the aftermarket belts are a harder compound rubber and have the ceramic fibers and particles in them, and ALL of them are junk. only buy the OEM cat belt. its a taste more expensive but it is well worth it.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Ok , well i guess i have smoked a belt.Don't really know how it happened, but never the less it is toast. So , my question is this. I need a replacement belt . Is there any aftermarket ones , and if so which is the best. I'm sending:confused: my primary off to Airdam and start with his stage one and go from there.

Hey Bob,

I have alwasy heard that OEM belts are the best. I get really good deals on Gates products at work so I ordered a Gates drive belt. I talked to Gates tech support and they said this belt a factory direct fit. For all we know Gates may make the belt for them.

I have not changed my belt yet but I plan to soon. There are alot of aftermarket belts out there, some are $$$. This Gates belt was $135 my price $38 plus tax so I think I should at least a try.

Hope this helps
Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
338 Posts
Time in and time out the only belt worth a damn seems to always be the factory belts. I have seen people try other belts and they always burn up fast. Just have airdam do your clutch and set it up the way he wants it and you will be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts