Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured since I had to replace the belt anyway. May as well do some upgrading. Also had to replaced the wet clutch bearing while I was in there to replace the seal again and also replaced the spacer that rides in the seal. I checked it with a straight edge. I was amazed at the groove in it. That would explain the oil I found behind the primary. So anyway I'm snorkeling the machine to get the intakes out of the stupid place they put it which is behind the battery in the center consul. Man is there dust in there. I also installed an inline blower to assist in keeping the belt cooler.
I found a neat bushing that drops the size of the hole from 2.5 to 2"at my local hardware store. It saved me some time and money to try and build something to do the job. also used some of the stock tube on the exit which worked out well. Cost was around 100 bucks for pipe and stuff and 20 bucks for the blower. I had bought two of them when I did my buddy's rzr 800. Now I'm working on getting the turn signal kit installed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
The spacer on mine was worn also, pretty nasty groove where the seal rode! Hard to believe the area they put air intakes in! Every since I've driven my Prowler I reach for a turn signal on it! Found a nice switch on ebay with 4 way flashers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Air intakes are installed with little or no thought still have to move my clutch intake as it really sucks in dust,seems like I'll have to go up front somewhere

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Air intakes are installed with little or no thought still have to move my clutch intake as it really sucks in dust,seems like I'll have to go up front somewhere
Yep I snorkeled mine no more worry's........:):)The only down fall it made it a lot louder..........but We wear headsets..........

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I did notice a slight increase in noise, but nothing really bad. Snorkels are well worth the effort, plus adding a fan is a great idea!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Pretty much the same that I used! I bought another one off ebay for 23.00 dollars, never know what you need down the road! Projects are picking up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts