Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so I tried having the snorkels high and dry but I could not move the air intake with out removing the air box. besides that it sure added to the noise level in the cab. So I changed it. I put the stock air box back in with the stock air intake behind the seat. I did like some elses on here suggested and filled the holes with expantion foam so it was ont sucking dirt from the rear wheels. also foamed it in so it would not take the hot dirt air from the engine bay. Back to the cvt they have been rerouted up front under the hood. I also changed the hood box because I needed clearance for my Elkas and my oil cooler move. The oil cooler move for two reasons it now does not limit the flow of air through the rad plus I needed more room for my 4500 lbs winch. I used 2" abs and 2" syphin hose to run it up front and then the couplers to mate it altogether. The 3' to 2" rubber reducer works great for the cvt adaptors. I had to route belt exhaust a little different becuse of my muzzy exhaust limiting the room . Here are a few pictures of it. I dont have any pictures of the new route under the floor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I notice several people have wrap their header pipe, is there other advantage other than reducing heat release?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I notice several people have wrap their header pipe, is there other advantage other than reducing heat release?
keeping the PVC from melting from exhaust pipe heat is one good reason

·
Registered
812 Posts
Also the pass seat, back of the cab and the dumpbody...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts