Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading about the negative air effect that having a full windshield and roof create in the cab. My 2.5 year old daughter and I were out playing in the snow and she wanted to go for a ride. To stay up on top of the hard snow we had to keep our speed up and in doing so we seemed to get a lot of light snow coming back into the cab from either behind the seats or behind the tailgate.

I would like to prevent this from happening this summer trail riding with the kids, but I also farm full time and the fields can get dusty.

I'm not for certain but I believe the windshield is the arctic cat one. Metal framing with vent slots on the bottom with a slide to open and close inside the cab.

If I open the vents up with help with the problem and get enough air flow coming through?

What about a rear windshield? Or without a full cab will this not fix the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
running a rear window will solve all your problems,,,,, even with dust in the summer ,,,,you wont believe the difference:D:D it will even keep the wind off your back...

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
been reading about the negative air effect that having a full windshield and roof create in the cab. My 2.5 year old daughter and i were out playing in the snow and she wanted to go for a ride. To stay up on top of the hard snow we had to keep our speed up and in doing so we seemed to get a lot of light snow coming back into the cab from either behind the seats or behind the tailgate.

I would like to prevent this from happening this summer trail riding with the kids, but i also farm full time and the fields can get dusty.

I'm not for certain but i believe the windshield is the arctic cat one. Metal framing with vent slots on the bottom with a slide to open and close inside the cab.

If i open the vents up with help with the problem and get enough air flow coming through?

What about a rear windshield? Or without a full cab will this not fix the problem?
a full windshield will cause a back draft, opening your vents will help some but not much.in 2010 they came with a dust shield that goes behind the seats, a few of us has installed them and it helps a lot but not a cheap project.a rear cover helps a lot also but holds a lot of heat in the summer,some of the rear covers you can roll up but the ones for the square cages are getting hard to find.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
I have the factory windshield with the slide vents, they do not keep the dust from being drawn back in the cab. I did install the 2010 & up dust shield behind the seats, major improvement!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I've had both since new [windshield and back window] and can say I ride in very dusty conditions in summer or better said a week after snow melts it turns to dust :( ]… wouldn't get near the ride time without the two working together, BUTTT a very good dust mask is a must also.
BTW about that , I found some very cheep and work great throwaway masks at Harbor Freight .. I buy them two or three boxes at a time [50 pack IIRC] . they look like surgical masks and un-fold out to your needed size for your face configuration .

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Very good information members....................:):)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a brand that works well for a rear windshield and alternatively is there certain ones to stay away from. Don't mind spending money if it lasts. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
FYI .. when this one becomes to bad for continued use I'm going to the tent n awning to get a custom fit one with roll up clear window section .. all that I have seen are fit's all and they really leave to many gaps for dust or wet to enter.
the price would IMHO be better that these fits all ones too.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Is there a brand that works well for a rear windshield and alternatively is there certain ones to stay away from. Don't mind spending money if it lasts. Thanks for all the help.
farmernick,you have the square cage like I got,I have the factory A/C one it fits great,but I looked every where for one and a member on here found me one at BOBS ARCTIC CAT IN MICHIGAN,IT WAS THERE LAST ONE ,ALL THE ONES ON E-BAY ARE FOR THE ROUND CAGE WHEN I WAS LOOKING.I paid 119 for mine,there is some that is fit all, or you can buy a solid clear one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts