Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

So I took the Prowler up to the cabin this weekend in Munds Park just south of Flagstaff Arizona. To my surprise there was three feet of snow around the cabin needless to say Had to pay someone to plow the drive way so I could park ugh... I have come to the conclusion that I need to get a plow for the prowler... I found this weekend that the prowler was unbelievable in the snow I didn't get stuck once where my father in law was stuck in his Rhino all weekend. The bad news tho is while trailing through the deep snow I hit a buried railroad tie and broke my left front axle ouch. Just found out that it is going to cost me 200.00 or so from Babbitts. Does anyone know a better place to go? should I stick with stockers or upgrade? Who do you all suggest? Well all in all it was a great time.

Hope everyone has a great New Years..

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have broken two rear axles and have gone to bass pro shop for both. They are about 230 each. If theres a cheaper place out there please let me know. thanks lyn

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just talked to Randy at atvonics and I tell you what.... this guy knows his stuff.Very nice guy and he spent a good half hour on the phone with me giving me options on my problem. He has after market axles with the cups and cages beefed up to help with my problem. Thanks for recomending him.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I just talked to Randy at atvonics and I tell you what.... this guy knows his stuff.Very nice guy and he spent a good half hour on the phone with me giving me options on my problem. He has after market axles with the cups and cages beefed up to help with my problem. Thanks for recomending him.

Randy is one of the best. He will always take the time to talk with and walk you through a problem. I'm glad my recomend was helpful, keep us posted on what you do and how it comes out.

Seth
PROWLER NATION

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Did Randy give you an idea on price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Randy has a few different options depending on what you are doing with your artic cat and how much you want to spend. I personally want the more beefed up version that can take the abuse so its going to be a little more. But he says that he will guarntee them and he stands behind his product. So that will work for me. The pricing will be about 470.00 per axle for the beefed up version. I have a long travel so when I brake these things I have to go to Bass pro shop and order one (240.00) then take it to fst to have them take off the new cv boot and put it on the long travel axle (60.00) and then there is no guarntee from artic cat on the parts. I broke 2 in one week on the pavement goofing around and turning to sharp. So 470.00 for a beefed up one with a warrenty is still cheaper for me in the long run. Plus Im tired of having this thing up on jack stands. Im ordering one today so I can get back out to the dunes and have some fun. Thanks again, Lyn

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Randy has a few different options depending on what you are doing with your artic cat and how much you want to spend. I personally want the more beefed up version that can take the abuse so its going to be a little more. But he says that he will guarntee them and he stands behind his product. So that will work for me. The pricing will be about 470.00 per axle for the beefed up version. I have a long travel so when I brake these things I have to go to Bass pro shop and order one (240.00) then take it to fst to have them take off the new cv boot and put it on the long travel axle (60.00) and then there is no guarntee from artic cat on the parts. I broke 2 in one week on the pavement goofing around and turning to sharp. So 470.00 for a beefed up one with a warrenty is still cheaper for me in the long run. Plus Im tired of having this thing up on jack stands. Im ordering one today so I can get back out to the dunes and have some fun. Thanks again, Lyn

Is $470 a complete Axle with both CV joints? Ready to install out of the box? When you talk to Randy agian tell him Seth from AZ says hello.

Take Care
Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes 470.00 is with both cv boots ready to install. Every axle is custom made to whatever length you need as well. Im excited. I hope this takes care of my problem. I will tell him you said hi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts