Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,:) I have been a member for a couple months now and I now have a question that somebody out there might be able to help me with. I want to acquire a 72" plow for my 06 prowler. I have been looking for a used one without much success.:mad: I am wondering how the receiver mounts work. Are they to high? :confused: ( plow pitched to far forward ) Does anybody out there have a plow system they want to get rid of, or can anybody steer me to a good price on a new one?? :eek:I live in Door County Wisconsin (the peninsula north of Green Bay )and we get lots of snow. I had a 650 Kaw ATV I used to plow with, I only hope this rig works as well:cool: Have a great life everyone!! Thanks alot.................................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comeback, I've often thought I might like to move to Arizona. Especially when its 20 below zero and I have to go out and plow snow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Buy a plow that has a frame work under the utv. receiver mounts hold up well the prowler does not. the force has to be distributed to other points on the machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I never gave that a thought. Guess you get your share of snow out there in ND. What kind of a plow rig are you using?

·
Registered
421 Posts
hi all,:) i have been a member for a couple months now and i now have a question that somebody out there might be able to help me with. I want to acquire a 72" plow for my 06 prowler. I have been looking for a used one without much success.:mad: I am wondering how the receiver mounts work. Are they to high? :confused: ( plow pitched to far forward ) does anybody out there have a plow system they want to get rid of, or can anybody steer me to a good price on a new one?? :eek:i live in door county wisconsin (the peninsula north of green bay )and we get lots of snow. I had a 650 kaw atv i used to plow with, i only hope this rig works as well:cool: Have a great life everyone!! Thanks alot.................................
plows and mount kits from cycle country are reasonably priced and good quality.mount bracket mounts under the frame behind the frt suspension.operate the blade with your winch.just do not buy the quick disconnect,the first time you find something hiden in the snow it will self destruct.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The hottest summer i can remember here. Went about two weeks with the temperature in the 100's, heat index bout 115, with 80% humidity. So thick you can cut it with a knife.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TThanks alot for all the comebacks. Sounds like I should forget about the receiver mount. Sounded like a good idea, but................................ really do appreciate the advise. Keep the rubber side down and have a great day all.

·
Registered
421 Posts
TThanks alot for all the comebacks. Sounds like I should forget about the receiver mount. Sounded like a good idea, but................................ really do appreciate the advise. Keep the rubber side down and have a great day all.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN?? MAN YOUR TAKIN ALL THE FUN OUT:eek:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Modded the plow system from the wifes grizzly 700 to fit the prowler.

Here is the mounting system I fabbed up.

Here is a pic of it lifted.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks good to me...... like i know what im talking about.:rolleyes: Just glad thats something i don't have to worry about.:D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Looks like it will work well!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Got the UHMW for the extensions cut and flexed into place last night. Oven worked well.

Now just need to get rivets and get in permanently mounted.

Then if all goes as planned we won't get any snow to worry about. LOL

·
Registered
656 Posts
LOL that's pretty funny. You couldn't be so lucky:rolleyes: Don't get much snow here and i love it when it does. It's pretty cool.......but i love to see it go after couple of days.LOL:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts