Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an Eagle snow blade and push bars today for the prowler. Kind of A double edge sword, hope I get to use it but also hope I don't need to use it.

checked the archives on here and Eagle seems to be well liked. My manual lift snow blower gets tiring
when using for 3 or 4 inches of snow. great for heave snow fall but we only get that A few times A year.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've had mine for around 5 years now, works good for me. I get that double edge sword, but it beats the heck out of a shovel and gives me a reason to get the Cat out in the winter.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Welcome Lee! I'm like you on the snow! I'm in Reed City, MI. so I know what you mean! I also have the Eagle setup!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hope this doesn't double post I timed out when I went to post this.
The Eagle system looks like when blade and push bars are removed the
machine can still be used with minimal interference from mounting
plate.

Diesel looks like with your system if you can't push the snow you
can ride on it.

Rich

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am going to do what RD did and flip the mounting ears for the plow to give me 2" more ground clearance.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
With the factory plate, I hit it several times. Flopping the mounting ears solved the problem. The plate is pretty stout, and Eagle makes a great product.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have bookmarked the thread will keep it in mind for future reference.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Pretty easy to do, I pulled mine off this spring and repainted with bed liner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Recieved the plow system today. very nice looking Heavy and well built.
Hopefully in next couple weeks I can get it on.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
The mounting plate is a work of art! After mounting mine I decided it would never be removed as it offers great protection to the front differential! Not sure what I'll do with a snow plow in Arizona! LOL Maybe I'll push rocks!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Make sure you bundle up with a hat, scarf, gloves and coat when you push those rocks, the neighbors need something to gossip about!

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Ain't that the truth! Get a load of gravel and I'm in the landscape business!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the event of A sand storm you will be able to keep neighbors plowed out.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
That would be a hoot! Can't even imagine the amount of turmoil snow would cause! They do see below 32 temps at night during the winter, then back in the 50's during the day! We could always go to Lake Havasu for the winters! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You better get busy, the roads are getting covered with drifts!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
That would be a hoot! Can't even imagine the amount of turmoil snow would cause! They do see below 32 temps at night during the winter, then back in the 50's during the day! We could always go to Lake Havasu for the winters! LOL
I'll be in Parker again this winter , only 30 min +/- away ... come down and watch the Parker race in Feb. [OK i lied .. it's a bit further than 30 minutes butttttt still not bad lol]

BTW they do see occasional snow in Kingman [IIRC that's where you heading ??? ]

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Kingman it is! Found a great house, my sister, and brother in-law our meeting our realtor on Monday to go through it, once settled I do plan on meeting up with you! The Parker race would work! Also on my bucket list is the Salt Flats! Just something primitive about Bonneville, return to our roots!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Finally got around to moving the plow ears (only took 3-yrs)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts