Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as some of you know, I picked up one of the new SnowEx V-Plows.

First impressions = Amazing!

I'm very impressed with how quickly the plow responds to all button commands and transitions smoothly!

Best part is when I do not need it, I just lower the plow, Unplug the Power cable cap both ends, insert the rear stand, then squeeze the release and swing the lock lever. Back up and drive away.

Hooking back up requires driving up to the plow so the attachment points slide in their spots, get out and swing the release lever forward to the lock position, remove the rear stand, plug in the single power cable, and climb back into the cab to plow.

Both actions are very quick! I used to lay on the ground with one foot on the side of my plow while trying to hold up the plow mount and roll the ATV back and forth with my other hand to line up the first hole, then over to the other side to fight with the second, followed by hooking up the lift up front. Took a long time, and I was usually in pain by the time I was done. LOL

With the Hydraulic I can lower it and leave some surface snow or set it in float and have it follow the driveway contours. :)

So from here I await the snow. :)

I will attach some images but will need to take pictures of the mount setup later on after replacing the front springs and shocks.

Update:
Due to the light duty front shocks on the HDX and XTX you will also need to buy heavier duty shocks and springs like a set of Kings. (additional $1200) XTZ has better front shocks so those owners should be fine and possibly just need stiffer springs.

SnowEx UTV V-Plow video

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
That sucker should clear some snow

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wow! That is some serious equipment. I likey!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just need new shocks and the white stuff! :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
How much does it weigh and how much does it make the front end sag ? I Like

·
Administrator
7,364 Posts
Almost make me want snow! Naw, but very nice!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How much does it weigh and how much does it make the front end sag ? I Like
Weight is listed at just over 350lbs.

When I took the picture the Spring tension was turned all the way up and the fender clearance dropped about an inch with the plow raised. I think the Bighorn 2.0s would sag at least another inch if not a little more. Still waiting for a reply from Maxxis for their recommendations between adding more air or going with a different front tire.

Unfortunately it was that weekend that the drivers side shock failed. (Plow was lowered) Followed by the passenger side shock failing about a week later with the plow disconnected. all 4 spring perch tabs pushed in allowing the front springs to drop down to the lower shock mount.

FYI, this is a modified Rhino mount since SnowEx does not make a mount for the Prowler. Also with you having Tracks you would want a to make sure they were on when having a mount modified since I noticed "V"s are pretty sensitive to mount angle. it will either sit flush if done correctly, or the nose will dig in before the sides touch if too high. Too low and the nose will be high. Welder spent a bit of time making sure it was just right.

Fairmont, I feel the same way. Want to use it, but do not want the snow any sooner then it has to. :)

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,364 Posts
It will still come! Working on mine now so I'll be ready for winter!

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts

·
Administrator
7,364 Posts
Haven't heard much about the SuperbrightLEDS lately. Mine are great, fit the factory housing, and they light up the world!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Everything I bought from them was above expectations. Their wire harness kit was a bit pricey but worth it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shocks, plow flaps, and plow shoes installed.

Still working with Filthy Motorsports on the correct spring setup. The 350# springs are too still making the front eld 1" too tall at zero preload. Leaves the wing tips off the ground and making it a PITA the mount since the mount is too high with plow attached.

Sending him more picks but says he has some more ideas. Wonder if he is thinking dual compression spring setup or something?

Also need to come up with lights since the plow blocks the headlights when raised!

Anyway, this is how she looks for now. :)

Attachments

Reactions: Retired1

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Nice set up! Looks real good.

·
Administrator
7,364 Posts
Like it! Don't like the white stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!

It is a real nice setup, still think they should have planned on some sort of mount/plow adjustment built into it instead of relying entirely on the suspension.

Lifts and moves very nicely and smoothly. No worry about overlifting or trying to turn the blade too much since it has since stops and safety features built in. :)

Only worry has been "if" some steals the controller since it just plugs in under the dash. Shop mentioned a replacement is about $350. Prowler just gets one of the spots in the garage now. :)

There is a programmable security lock for the system but I think that is mainly built into the plow itself in case someone stole that. They would have to enter the security code into the attached remote to activate the plow or be stuck with a large paper weight. LOL

FYI, if I had know the final cost to get this setup, I probably would have went with a straight blade. LOL

For now, I'm going to enjoy the crap out of this think plow! Well if we get feet of snow instead of an inch here and there. LOL

Reactions: Retired1

·
Administrator
7,364 Posts
Keep us informed as to how it works! Really nice setup!

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
That is a nice setup, I never would have thought about the height and wing problem. Here's the V-plow that will work with the push tube I already have, it says it has 4 height adjustments for oversized tires but doesn't have all the power adjustments yours has.

Eagle V Force Blade ATV UTV atv utv snow plow v blade

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hmm website is not opening on my phone, will have to take a peek when I get near the computer.

Has to be some adjustment built into these things! Otherwise SnowEx, Western, Fisher, and I cannot remember the other will have the same issue since they are the same plow just in different colors and manufacturer names. I can drive up, connect and control any of those UTV plows with mine now since they are all Fleet Flex. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is a nice setup, I never would have thought about the height and wing problem. Here's the V-plow that will work with the push tube I already have, it says it has 4 height adjustments for oversized tires but doesn't have all the power adjustments yours has.

Eagle V Force Blade ATV UTV atv utv snow plow v blade
Curious on the weight of that Eagle V-plow? Bet you could install the Hydraulic adjustment to the wings.

Looked at the instructions for the HDV Truck V-Plow and looks like they have adjustments for vehicle height. Adjustments are 1.5" to 2" so betting they just planned on the stock ride height for UTVs. Again, we used the Rhino mount for mine since they do not make a Prowler mount. Rhino mount still allows access to the front receiver if needed. Of course I would need an extension now. LOL

Time to head out to the garage and see if I can find anything else. :)

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
I'm having a problem getting it to open now also, very slow must be Cyber Monday ;) My 6' straight blade with push tube had a shipping weight of around 100 pounds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts