Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very off-topic but just thought I would post some pics from my ski trip. The night we got there it was -3 Deg F (Freakin cold) I don't see how you Canada / Alaska guys handle that crap on a regular basis! Anyway, we were there 5 days. On day 3 to take a break from skiing we rented a couple Ski-Doos and hit the mountain trails (with a guide unfortunately). Man it was awesome! I never realized how much fun a snow mobile is! But all in all a great trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more pics! That last one is awesome! lol

P.S. I'm the short fat guy in the red jacket....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
nice pictures,been there several times in the fall,never skied there.I have skied canaan valley once wasnt very good at it.ended up taking off skis and went tubing.:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol.. I hear ya. I think skiing/boarding is one of those sports that if you're not planning on making it hobby then just save your money. One trip is like paying someone $60 to repeatedly kick you in the butt...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very off-topic but just thought I would post some pics from my ski trip. The night we got there it was -3 Deg F (Freakin cold) I don't see how you Canada / Alaska guys handle that crap on a regular basis! Anyway, we were there 5 days. On day 3 to take a break from skiing we rented a couple Ski-Doos and hit the mountain trails (with a guide unfortunately). Man it was awesome! I never realized how much fun a snow mobile is! But all in all a great trip!
Great pictures, but where is the Acats. Dad had a snowmobile back in the early 70's when he lived in NE Ohio. Tried it in Ky on one occasion, it was fun. Sure technology exploded on these machines since then.:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
-3f that's a spring day here in Manitoba. It's going to be that here all week. it was -15f last weekend and gets to as low as -23f

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TBird.. I know... It's funny that most of the time I was skiing and looking at the scenery I was thinking about how much fun it would be to take my Prowler all over that place! The funny thing was the Snowmobiles the rentals used were ski-doos.. the ones ski-patrol and the guides used were Arctic Cats's.. Firecats I think they were called...

Fat Cat... Well if everyone was like me your area would be a barren wasteland.. lol.. But I guess it's all in what you get use to and prepare for. At -3 I thought I was going to die between the truck and the door of the condo!! It didn't make it any easier that you couldn't see. The wind was kicking at 30-40mph gusts. When that happened it was like a momentary white-out and you couldn't see shi**... Still fun though...

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
the weather we have where i live FatCat wouldnt even need a coat.:cool:

·
Registered
561 Posts
It's all good you get use to it to a point. That's why I look forward to my vacation days down south. I'm counting the days

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where do you vacate down south?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
We go to Davenport, Florida. My buddy owns a town house there we rent from him at a good price. My wife loves to golf so I'm here caddy.
are you gonna caddy her around on the wildcat:D:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
are you gonna caddy her around on the wildcat:D:D
No wildcat stays home. I golf to but I don't hold a candle to her game. She is very good. I just can't be bothered to do it more. Just go to please her. Happy wife means more toys for my WC. LOL:D:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
No wildcat stays home. I golf to but I don't hold a candle to her game. She is very good. I just can't be bothered to do it more. Just go to please her. Happy wife means more toys for my WC. LOL:D:D
very true on the happy wife,mines into crafts I always tell her how nice they look.helps out on my buying projects.:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
very true on the happy wife,mines into crafts I always tell her how nice they look.helps out on my buying projects.:D:D:D:D
my wife is not at all crafty. She has a hard time wrapping gifts. LOL
Have a great day all got to go get ready. We need a shout box.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool.. I'm originally from Tampa , FL. The only hobbies my wife has is buying expensive stuff and eating at expensive resturaunts! So what sucks is I spend money on her hobbies and mine! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts