Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how are the stock XTZ shocks as compared to the horrible stock shocks on the XT? How about as compared to say......Walker Evans? Inquiring minds want to know.....:D

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
aggreed Good stock shock, nothing like the after market shocks available

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Keep an eye on the rear shock springs. They seem to cut into the shock body after a few rides. My opinion of the stock shock is that they stink. They heat up so much they become mushy after ten minutes of riding. Arctic cat made in the USA. Shocks made in Mexico. Go figure

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replys. Looks like I'm about to find out for myself:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have a replacement spring that will help out. They are 53.00 and are a 350 lb spring. What a difference!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We have a replacement spring that will help out. They are 53.00 and are a 350 lb spring. What a difference!!
Hey Mike.
So what does the spring do (in terms of ride/handling)? Do I need front AND rear? Is that price for each, or a pair? How much for you to install (Since I am buying the XTZ from you:D)?
Chuck
By the way, anybody interested in a nice 650 with some nice add ons?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I did some similar springs to mike's in the rear and it made a HUGE difference especially with my 4 seater cage.. The thing handles awesome on the tight trails when flying and is very predictable.. I also removed the rear sway bar.. Only the back needs to be re-springed. I can drift dirt roads going 55-60 now through curves without feeling like I am gonna spin out.. These things are almost like mini trophy trucks :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some similar springs to mike's in the rear and it made a HUGE difference especially with my 4 seater cage.. The thing handles awesome on the tight trails when flying and is very predictable.. I also removed the rear sway bar.. Only the back needs to be re-springed. I can drift dirt roads going 55-60 now through curves without feeling like I am gonna spin out.. These things are almost like mini trophy trucks :D
Brandon, thx for the reply. So about the sway bar.....removing it actually helped with the handling? Doesn't it feel "unstable without it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
It does have more body roll but does in a good way.. Now I wouldn't try to slide around a corner going 60 on the street but it does great on the dirt. It also articulates better when goes over haggard stuff.. I like it cuz I can use the weight of the machine, the body roll and engine power to throw it around tight curves on tight trails. It feels way stable and handles great IMO now with the stock springs I would have to say sway bar removal wouldnt be a good thing :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.