Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally figured out what the clunk/pop in my front end was.. It was the steering shaft hitting the frame every time I turn a certain way.. The rubber bushings let the rack flex too much for how close the shaft is to the frame IMO.. I know poly ones would mean more steering vibration but who cares I didn't buy mine to drive like a Cadillac. Anyone else have this mysterious clunk?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got a weird clunk, snap noise from the front end too, couldn't find anything loose, now if that is what it is, it puts my mind at ease. Now a way to cure it!

Goon

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Where is Johnny?
Finally figured out what the clunk/pop in my front end was.. It was the steering shaft hitting the frame every time I turn a certain way.. The rubber bushings let the rack flex too much for how close the shaft is to the frame IMO.. I know poly ones would mean more steering vibration but who cares I didn't buy mine to drive like a Cadillac. Anyone else have this mysterious clunk?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember that post but I think we just verified that most of us see wear on our steering shafts I guess none of us heard the clunk at that time.. I remember AC saying that its from the driver holding onto the wheel too tightly.. What the hell else are you suppose to do?? Let go when you hit big bumps hahaha :eek:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I remember that post but I think we just verified that most of us see wear on our steering shafts I guess none of us heard the clunk at that time.. I remember AC saying that its from the driver holding onto the wheel too tightly.. What the hell else are you suppose to do?? Let go when you hit big bumps hahaha :eek:
Im The one that called Arctic Cat on it and they said it is because we hang on to the steering wheel pulling on it and the racks rubber mounts let it move.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts