Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been looking at this for a tune system,can be used with mp3 or Ipod.This sound bar is made for the prowler,it comes with mounting brackets.They have a 2 speaker model,a 6 speaker model and a 6 speaker model with built in amp and all units have dome lights.The 2 speaker system has 2 3 way 200 watt speakers 168 dollars/the 6 speaker system cost 196 dollars/and the 6 speaker system with 300 watt amp is 296 dollars.............and it plugs into the cig lighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
I been looking at this for a tune system,can be used with mp3 or Ipod.This sound bar is made for the prowler,it comes with mounting brackets.They have a 2 speaker model,a 6 speaker model and a 6 speaker model with built in amp and all units have dome lights.The 2 speaker system has 2 3 way 200 watt speakers 168 dollars/the 6 speaker system cost 196 dollars/and the 6 speaker system with 300 watt amp is 296 dollars.............and it plugs into the cig lighter.[/QUOTE
...will the charging system handle all the wattage?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That 300 WATT is output, input would be less than 50 (I'm guessing)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I been looking at this for a tune system,can be used with mp3 or Ipod.This sound bar is made for the prowler,it comes with mounting brackets.They have a 2 speaker model,a 6 speaker model and a 6 speaker model with built in amp and all units have dome lights.The 2 speaker system has 2 3 way 200 watt speakers 168 dollars/the 6 speaker system cost 196 dollars/and the 6 speaker system with 300 watt amp is 296 dollars.............and it plugs into the cig lighter.[/QUOTE
...will the charging system handle all the wattage?
It probably would,but the one with the amp I wouldn't buy,too much money,I would buy my smaller amp.If I get it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tune system's

Does anyone have a tune system that is set up with a IPOD OR MP3 player,I would like to see pictures.................:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Does anyone have a tune system that is set up with a IPOD OR MP3 player,I would like to see pictures.................:)
I use my Casio g'zone commando phone my just uses a male to male plug and connects the headset of my phone into the auxiliary imput on the buggy. Factory (Jensen radio)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use my Casio g'zone commando phone my just uses a male to male plug and connects the headset of my phone into the auxiliary imput on the buggy. Factory (Jensen radio)
Thanks chaz still not sure what I'm gonna do yet might just forget the tunes:confused:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
only issue I have is how you going to clean the thing without screwing up the radio / sound equipment ... my pressure washer gets everything wet and I want it too ... maybe your dust isn't like what we have where every nook and cranny is full O dust

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only issue I have is how you going to clean the thing without screwing up the radio / sound equipment ... my pressure washer gets everything wet and I want it too ... maybe your dust isn't like what we have where every nook and cranny is full O dust
My dust shield,and new rear cover will help a lot on dust.I kinda figured that all my buddys with utv's have stereo's.so I dont need one............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
heck with my hearing , music is out of the question.

the sideband radio I'm going to install will have fast removal/install so at cleaning time it comes out quick

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That's the same phone I have, I switched to Verizon this summer T-Mobile's service went to crap in our area so I picked up the Commando 4G LTE. I got the charging dock a month ago it makes charging a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the same phone I have, I switched to Verizon this summer T-Mobile's service went to crap in our area so I picked up the Commando 4G LTE. I got the charging dock a month ago it makes charging a lot easier.
Have you ever played music over it.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Have you ever played music over it.
Yep, I've streamed some local radio stations, Slacker Radio, podcast, and loaded some of my own tunes on a miro sd card. I've got a stereo bluetooth headset I can use while riding.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yep, I've streamed some local radio stations, Slacker Radio, podcast, and loaded some of my own tunes on a miro sd card. I've got a stereo bluetooth headset I can use while riding.
Sounds like a great Idea,where did you get the headset.:)can you use a mp3 player with you headset.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Between family health problems and the fire dept. I get calls all the time so I use my phone and a wireless headset I got from Verizon. I just hang them around my neck and can usually hide them under my collar. I didn't like the bluetooth headsets you leave stuck in your ear all the time. The sound is great on these and when I get a call the music shuts off and the headset vibrates and I push a button to answer the call without having to get my phone out.
LG TONE+ ™ Bluetooth® Stereo Headset - White - Verizon Wireless
Some mp3 & ipods have bluetooth but I don't think you can connect 2 of these headsets to the same one. You can get wired headsets and they make a splitter to plug in 2 at a time.
Amazon.com: Belkin Speaker and Headphone Splitter: Electronics

I'm going to be getting one of these sets, my Dad wants to get it for me for Christmas since he found out my cordless drill shot craps. I know the radio won't be loud enough for high speed driving but it might be alright at low speeds around town and while parked, it has an input for a mp3 player also. If you want big sound and bass this won't work for you.
RIDGID 18-Volt X4 Hyper Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (3-Tool) with Radio-R9601 at The Home Depot

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Between family health problems and the fire dept. I get calls all the time so I use my phone and a wireless headset I got from Verizon. I just hang them around my neck and can usually hide them under my collar. I didn't like the bluetooth headsets you leave stuck in your ear all the time. The sound is great on these and when I get a call the music shuts off and the headset vibrates and I push a button to answer the call without having to get my phone out.
LG TONE+ ™ Bluetooth® Stereo Headset - White - Verizon Wireless
Some mp3 & ipods have bluetooth but I don't think you can connect 2 of these headsets to the same one. You can get wired headsets and they make a splitter to plug in 2 at a time.
Amazon.com: Belkin Speaker and Headphone Splitter: Electronics

I'm going to be getting one of these sets, my Dad wants to get it for me for Christmas since he found out my cordless drill shot craps. I know the radio won't be loud enough for high speed driving but it might be alright at low speeds around town and while parked, it has an input for a mp3 player also. If you want big sound and bass this won't work for you.
RIDGID 18-Volt X4 Hyper Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (3-Tool) with Radio-R9601 at The Home Depot
Thats a nice drill set.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Thats a nice drill set.
I've never had Ridgid before but it's supposed to have lifetime warranty on everything including batteries.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bluetooth helmet comms

I picked up a Scala Teamset Rider Pro last year. It's a Bluetooth helmet to helmet comms system that also does Bluetooth streaming from phone. I have music streaming through it, and voice from the other unit overrides what's playing so you can have an easy conversation with your passenger. I like it better than external speakers - I'm like Gary with my hearing - it would be at 9 of 10 all the time. Nothing like Motörhead at high volumes in the bush :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I picked up a Scala Teamset Rider Pro last year. It's a Bluetooth helmet to helmet comms system that also does Bluetooth streaming from phone. I have music streaming through it, and voice from the other unit overrides what's playing so you can have an easy conversation with your passenger. I like it better than external speakers - I'm like Gary with my hearing - it would be at 9 of 10 all the time. Nothing like Motörhead at high volumes in the bush :)
Can you show me the link on it.................thanks.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
X's 2, Helmet to Helmet would be nice! Or maybe a bad thing with the wife!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts