Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of putting tunes in the prowler and I need ideas. So if you guys have some sound systems you would like to show of let see em.... I need ideas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the SSV WORKS setup and it works great. It was easy to install and came with everything I needed. It was two speakers, an amp, and the wiring. Just hook the ipod right up to the amp.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I am in the process of putting tunes in the prowler and I need ideas. So if you guys have some sound systems you would like to show of let see em.... I need ideas.
I talked to a guy that purchased head sets. He went that route because he could talk to his passangers or car to car and use his IPod. The main reason was you can't hear your tunes when your running 40 + mph.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I talked to a guy that purchased head sets. He went that route because he could talk to his passangers or car to car and use his IPod. The main reason was you can't hear your tunes when your running 40 + mph.
That's how I roll. I have a a rugged radio / intercom system that I hook my ipod to and hear it all through the head sets. It works great.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have the vertical driven product i-pod sounbar it has 4 100 watts amplified speakers installs in 15 minutes plays great

·
Registered
491 Posts
like this ?:D

i knew that pic would come in handy on here one day ! honestly i run a Kenwood deck with ipod and 4 6.5'' speakers a 10'' sub and 1000watt amp for camp tunes . but you cant hear it running down the road so i bought Rugged Radios intercom w ipod ( same setup as Todd , im his idol :D) its great music all the time and it drops out the moment you speak to a passenger .

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
i knew that pic would come in handy on here one day ! honestly i run a Kenwood deck with ipod and 4 6.5'' speakers a 10'' sub and 1000watt amp for camp tunes . but you cant hear it running down the road so i bought Rugged Radios intercom w ipod ( same setup as Todd , im his idol :D) its great music all the time and it drops out the moment you speak to a passenger .
Do you get a lot of back ground noise from the Prowler when you talk with your passenger?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got done installing an amp system for my prowler. Out the door for $100 - got everything off of amazon.com. A few hours of time and it was complete... a lot of that was figuring out where to mount the amp. :rolleyes:

Here's what I bought:
Jensen marine 1/8" female dash plug to RCA
200W 2 Channel Amplifier
Kenwood 5 1/4 3-way speakers
Amplifier installation/ wiring kit (lots of good stuff - connectors, inline fuse, etc)

We plug any mp3 player into the dash from the headphone jack, and control volume on the mp3 player itself. Oh yeah... also bought a matching accessory switch from Cat that matches nicely in the dash. That's the main on/ off power to the amp.

Works great for cruising around, but not quite loud enough at WOT. Oh well - I like it. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts