Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Winter coming, I wish I was one of them! LOL Where do you ride in Florida, can you use secondary roads? Curious in Michigan!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winter coming, I wish I was one of them! LOL Where do you ride in Florida, can you use secondary roads? Curious in Michigan!

We unfortunately cannot drive on any roads unless they are private roads. I myself live in the City of Cape Coral which is all residential. Years ago, you could go out to the woods and simply ride. Now the state of Florida has purchased most of that land and made it a no ride area. In other words, if you get caught you are going to jail and your bike will be confiscated. The only option we now have are to go to places and pay to ride. Such as Lazy Springs Recreation Park and Tracks and Trails. Not bad but nothing like just driving through the woods. We have some others places also but most of them are about 3 hours away and you have to be a land owner.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That sucks! Michigan has embraced the powersports! Trying to get tourist dollars! I'm lucky as Hell, I have a great trail system within 5 miles of my house, and the county I live in allows driving a registered ATV/UTV on all secondary roads! Most all northern MI. counties have some type of ordinance on their books to allow travel on secondary roads.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Just curious if we have any members located near or in Southwest Florida?
you mean people actually move down there ??? thinking with the big snake issues this fat boy will stay clear of that place , don't want to wake up one morning in the belly of one of them critters LOL

just kidding ya

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
We unfortunately cannot drive on any roads unless they are private roads. I myself live in the City of Cape Coral which is all residential. Years ago, you could go out to the woods and simply ride. Now the state of Florida has purchased most of that land and made it a no ride area. In other words, if you get caught you are going to jail and your bike will be confiscated. The only option we now have are to go to places and pay to ride. Such as Lazy Springs Recreation Park and Tracks and Trails. Not bad but nothing like just driving through the woods. We have some others places also but most of them are about 3 hours away and you have to be a land owner.
Wonder why they are so against it......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thought America was a liberal place. Dont you guys buy a weapon in the groserystore!?! My country is in most parts very different to yourse. The state have a great influence in our country, but me and my 08 650 can go everywere we want as long there is a road which not is private. Including highways.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thought America was a liberal place. Dont you guys buy a weapon in the groserystore!?! My country is in most parts very different to yourse. The state have a great influence in our country, but me and my 08 650 can go everywere we want as long there is a road which not is private. Including highways.
Johann82 here in the states there is several states that you can't ride the Main roads or back roads.....a few states dont even have riding parks.....

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
We can ride most places in Northern Michigan, and if you are lucky enough to have a license plate from the state you can ride everywhere! Just costs money! We have a lot of freedom's and also a lot of regulations! LOL

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not many places at all to ride down here. My Uncle is actually giving me land that he owns in central Florida. This property gives the lands owners access to around 10,000 acres to ride and hunt in year round. The bad thing is its a 3 1/2 drive, but better than jail for riding other areas.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Pretty much the same everywhere! I'm fortunate to have miles of secondary roads to ride on, and our area has many un-improved roads! Michigan is developing trail systems, and most northern counties have some type of ORV ordinance on their books!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty much the same everywhere! I'm fortunate to have miles of secondary roads to ride on, and our area has many un-improved roads! Michigan is developing trail systems, and most northern counties have some type of ORV ordinance on their books!

That would be great to have miles of trails. Even the dirt roads here out in the rural areas are off limits to UTV and ATV's.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
It is indeed a great thing! We ride at least 4 days a week, been doing it for 3 years now and still find new un-improved/logging roads to ride!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is indeed a great thing! We ride at least 4 days a week, been doing it for 3 years now and still find new un-improved/logging roads to ride!

That would be great. We get to ride maybe once or twice a month locally. Sure different than when I grew up around here.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Progress ain't all that it is cracked up to be! LOL Reed City Michigan is about 20 years behind other places! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
LOL. I'd contemplate moving except my blood would freeze up there. It is still nice here and in the 80's. This Florida boy can't handle the cold.
as we can't handle the heat , humidity , tornados and hurricanes .... some of us will take the earth quakes and snow, summer dry thank you LOL

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
This Michigan boy don't like the cold! Heat has never bothered me!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'd take the 80-100 any day compared to the cold. I used to not mind the cold and went to Colorado every year snow skiing, I still wouldn't mind hitting the slopes but other than that I'll take the heat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts