Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2010 prowler 700 utv. Just bought it and having issue with needing to replace plug every time I run it. Even if just a warm up after I shut it off it will not start without putting new plug in. Used plugs still have spark and look good but will not start motor unless brand new one time. Once running purrs like kitten and works great until I shut off and try to start again.

Any suggestions????

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Weak Coil? Weird problem! Check all of the electrical plugs, clean and inspect and use dielectric grease on them. Coil connections could be reversed, but I think if they are you get a dash "EFI Warning". Are you using a stock factory plug? Forgot to welcome you to the site! Great people here! Great info! Great times!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello I have a 2010 prowler 700 utv. Just bought it and having issue with needing to replace plug every time I run it. Even if just a warm up after I shut it off it will not start without putting new plug in. Used plugs still have spark and look good but will not start motor unless brand new one time. Once running purrs like kitten and works great until I shut off and try to start again.

Any suggestions????
welcome to the prowler site.......when you take the plug out is it wet with fuel or oil soaked......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the responses. Appreciate the welcomes. After more investigating today. I found the hose connecting the carburetor to the motor had a crack in it causing air leak. I think that solve part of my problem with why it would not start again after warm up even with spark on used plug. After fixing that it started but not easily without putting a new plug-in again. Although it does have spark it seems it may be weak. ?? Coil ??

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think there was a recall on the carburetor boot at one point in time. My spark plug boot broke internally (internals are plastic, and brass connector) , it simply screws on the plug wire. You may want to check the boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts