Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the advertised HP and Torque of the 1000 motor used in the Prowler?

What's the top speed of the 1000 Prowler?

IS there any difference between the 1000 motor used in the Prowler, and the one used in the thundercat?

Does the 1000 motor respond well to performance intakes and exhausts?

When compared to a Polaris 900XP, how does the Prowler 1000 stack up as far as power, 0-60, top speed, etc...?

Was there anything changed on the 2014 models that's a good reason to pass on a 2013 model?

TIA

·
Registered
404 Posts
2009-2013 are un changed as far as I know. 2014 haven't heard.

Top speed with roof winch glass windshield radio is 73mph drag limited.

Hp of the 13 is mid 70s with 188ft lb torque.

I can cruise with 300lb of mulch in my bed 65mph down the road. And don't even notice it.

It is the same motor that came in the thunder cat as far as I have read.

Compared to the 900xp that's apples to oranges. Bikes are designed for 2 different things.

And most sxs are timed to 35 mph not 60 but either way. The 1000 doesn't take long.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
2009-2013 are un changed as far as I know. 2014 haven't heard.

Top speed with roof winch glass windshield radio is 73mph drag limited.

Hp of the 13 is mid 70s with 188ft lb torque.

I can cruise with 300lb of mulch in my bed 65mph down the road. And don't even notice it.

It is the same motor that came in the thunder cat as far as I have read.

Compared to the 900xp that's apples to oranges. Bikes are designed for 2 different things.

And most sxs are timed to 35 mph not 60 but either way. The 1000 doesn't take long.
Good info Chaz.................I think that sums it up.:)

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Makes me want a 1000 instead of HDX, come on Arctic Cat listen up and put the 1000 in the HDX!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Makes me want a 1000 instead of HDX, come on Arctic Cat listen up and put the 1000 in the HDX!
I really think a 4-seat A/C utility is gonna be coming out............:)

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I really think a 4-seat A/C utility is gonna be coming out............:)
I'm sure it will be out of my price range, I'm dreaming again.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I'm sure it will be out of my price range, I'm dreaming again.:rolleyes:
If you dont spend it the mold his gonna eat it up,I think I need to meet you at bass pro shop,to help persuade you.:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
If you dont spend it the mold his gonna eat it up,I think I need to meet you at bass pro shop,to help persuade you.:D:D
Let me know when you find out when you might be in Springfield, I hope to work something out but I hate to miss my Grandson's games I haven't missed one yet.

·
Registered
561 Posts
if he is comparing a prowler to the xp 900 maybe he should be looking at the Wildcat. Prowler is a different beast for sure. My WC has 77 hp. top speed around 70 ish. don't really care cause I can leave them all behind in the rough stuff even the xp 900.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Let me know when you find out when you might be in Springfield, I hope to work something out but I hate to miss my Grandson's games I haven't missed one yet.
Were gonna leave at 4 am sat morning,I can meet you there early, I'm only 195 miles away 3 hours to get there,just come back from the Bass pro in Tulsu just cost me 300 dollars...............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Were gonna leave at 4 am sat morning,I can meet you there early, I'm only 195 miles away 3 hours to get there,just come back from the Bas pro in Tulsu just cost me 300 dollars...............:rolleyes::rolleyes:
He has two games Saturday one at 10:30 am and 12:30, it wouldn't be able to stay long even if I skipped the first game. It's easy to spend 300 bucks at Bass Pro.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
He has two games Saturday one at 10:30 am and 12:30, it wouldn't be able to stay long even if I skipped the first game. It's easy to spend 300 bucks at Bass Pro.
I will get with you,I can meet you there by 8 am, yea 300 there isn't nothing wife bought a couple of sweat shirts and I bought a lead sled.............They only had 2 prowlers a 550 and a 700 with a very nice A/C cab on it,the back part of the cab was really nice it was all clear glass or hard plastic with a pop out window.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts