Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 hdx 700 and the speedo and odometer go out on it all the time, even more when it gets wet. The clock and fuel readout works fine, what could be the problem?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 2011 hdx 700 and the speedo and odometer go out on it all the time, even more when it gets wet. The clock and fuel readout works fine, what could be the problem?
I would say your gauge cluster is going bad,or you might want to trace the wiring and look for a bad spot,how much water is getting in the gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
you may also want to check your speed sencor I had that problem before.. unplug it ,,clean it out with crc electric contact cleaner, put some die electric grease in there and give it a shot:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm not sure on your problem, but on mine I siliconed my gauge cluster shut to keep out any water. Learned it by reading a thread on another forum from guys that are always doing the deep water mud bogs. You put a small silica pack in it, and seal up the back holes and the casing with clear silicone. No problems with water in mine so far, but mine doesn't see water except when pressure washed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts