Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dean Bulloch and his guys at D&P PERFOMANCE saw the need for this product for anybody that has welded up or had to replace their spike load dampener on their XTZ. this piece is made from Billet aluminum and will replace the clutch pack in the SLD . no more welding or replacing clutches. illl be installing mine this weekend . :D

list price on them is going to be $250 + SHIPPING ,

Please contact Dean or Jo @ D&P PERFORMANCE 435-586-5172

let them know Matt told you about it and receive and special discount .

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
looks nice,inquire with them about making a block girdle to hold the bottom of the eng together so that all your eng oil and tranny parts dont end up in the skid plate:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I am going to run one of these new SLD delete kits and report back my findings. Trust me I will put it through some extreme testing and I will give honest feedback. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
looks nice,inquire with them about making a block girdle to hold the bottom of the eng together so that all your eng oil and tranny parts dont end up in the skid plate:mad:
Damn that scares me with all the money I have in my XTZ. Do you think if i avoid reverse that this won' be an issue?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm in as soon as my buggy comes back from the dealer having the trans replaced under warrenty, they are waiting for a new nut and shaft from UTV Inc for the alternator because the tech forgot the nut was lefty..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Team Arctic did that with a stock SLD.

I doubt it would have went 2000miles if he had welded it along time ago.

Something has got to give somewhere.
The new pack is frictions and disks instead of the tabbed system and it will fit into the old basket as the basket has same part # for 2010 and 2011 but the packs are not the same.

I am gonna run the stock and see how the new pack holds up.
Tried to do another wheelie from a stop yesterday and just left a couple of black stips on the concrete so my oem is still holding strong.

However that billet piece is very nice and cheaper than a oem setup.
Thanks for improving our aftermarket D&P
Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Team Arctic did that with a stock SLD.

I doubt it would have went 2000miles if he had welded it along time ago.

Something has got to give somewhere.
The new pack is frictions and disks instead of the tabbed system and it will fit into the old basket as the basket has same part # for 2010 and 2011 but the packs are not the same.

I am gonna run the stock and see how the new pack holds up.
Tried to do another wheelie from a stop yesterday and just left a couple of black stips on the concrete so my oem is still holding strong.

However that billet piece is very nice and cheaper than a oem setup.
Thanks for improving our aftermarket D&P
Very much appreciated.
yep bone stock drivetrain,maxxis cero tires in stock size.i have felt the sld slip but its never been troublesome for me,glad its there. but then again its all stock,no cool **** like a turbo ect.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dean just called to tell me that D&P is having a end of summer sale on parts and the SLD deletes are on sale for $150.00 plus shipping .

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Great deal for a very nice part. Get one of these and you will never need to replace the $270.00 SLD ever again. The best part is your power will get to the wheels with no clutch slip from the SLD. For $150.00 I recommend this part to anyone with an XTZ.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just checked on that and Dean forgot to mention to ALL of his parts people the drop in price on the SLD .:rolleyes:

Jo said she has refunded Diesel Racer $100 and all is good . .

on sale $150 for all SLD eliminators

thses will also fit the 1000 THUNDER CAT AND 700 MUDPRO 4wheelers so tell your friends. :D

Diesel sorry about the confusion .

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yeah,
Jo called me back and appologized for the error. Really stand up people over there and you don't see that too often. I have now bookmarked the website and they are in my phonebook now too.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Got the part and the check this week, need to just order the gasket for the pinion housing and put it in.
I hope you have a god set of snap ring pliers. The retaining clips are some of the strongest I have seen. I changed out the bearing that sit's in the SLD housing and the retaining ring is tight. Also when you have your SLD housing out spin the stub axle and tell me how much drag you feel there. I took mine apart and removed the oil seal and it spins freely. I can't believe how much drag that oil seal causes right there. Let me know what yours is like. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts