Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
delete your inbox it is full sir.

i have everything sent to my internet guy who is doing my website now. waiting on him. it should be up pretty quick. they printed the instruction manuals today, and your package is already shipped otherwise i would have you a paper manual in the box. but everything will be on the site and in printable form. its pretty easy pal if you need me call me i will walk you thru it step by step

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey adam I met up of a few guys this weekend from the forum this weekend and Split aka "Someday" was one of them and I will probably be over at his place when he installs the new setup and I was wondering what kind of weights does it use is it rollers like the stock setup or more like a Rzr and is it possible to modify the rollers like the cat stuff if we need a bit more RPM or are do we need special parts to tune this clutch?

·
Registered
861 Posts
dayum u Andy..aka "craigslist", always thinkin ahead!! lol..i cant wait to see it..and get my car back together "someday"...lol :D What kinda beer you want Andy? :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey adam I met up of a few guys this weekend from the forum this weekend and Split aka "Someday" was one of them and I will probably be over at his place when he installs the new setup and I was wondering what kind of weights does it use is it rollers like the stock setup or more like a Rzr and is it possible to modify the rollers like the cat stuff if we need a bit more RPM or are do we need special parts to tune this clutch?

wait a min ! what am i missing this weekend ? a shop full of cats and beer ! wth?

·
Registered
194 Posts
dayum u Andy..aka "craigslist", always thinkin ahead!! lol..i cant wait to see it..and get my car back together "someday"...lol :D What kinda beer you want Andy? :)

Cold that is all that matters.

What day do you plan to get at it? I am down whenever

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
andy it is easier to tune this clutch than the factory arctic cat clutch. it uses weights, inside slider blocks. the slugs can be drilled out with a drill bit easier than you can imagine. so yes you can lighten them up easily, in about ten minutes with a drill bit and a vise. if rick is ok with it, take his clutch apart, it uses a 30mm nut to pull the outer half apart. once you pull the nut off the weights are behind the metal cover. you can see i believe i put 3 - 30 gram weights and 3 -32 gram weights in ricks clutch which should give him about a 6500-6700 shiftout. that may sound low for you, but for a stock machine that is peak power. any more RPMs than that and the motor actually starts to lose power because of the restrictive throttlebody. this clutch also acts tons differently than the stock clutch. where the stock clutch will tend to bog down and lose RPMs on long hill climbs, this new clutch will automatically backshift and keep the engine right at peak power. that is one of the wonders of this CVtech clutch. it works and performs marvelously with our machines. if you guys do take the clutch apart, be sure that when you put the primary back together, you line the hex in the plate up with the hex on the shaft before you run the nut down. the nut needs loctite on it. just a dab on the threads of the nut will be plenty.

·
Registered
194 Posts
andy it is easier to tune this clutch than the factory arctic cat clutch. it uses weights, inside slider blocks. the slugs can be drilled out with a drill bit easier than you can imagine. so yes you can lighten them up easily, in about ten minutes with a drill bit and a vise. if rick is ok with it, take his clutch apart, it uses a 30mm nut to pull the outer half apart. once you pull the nut off the weights are behind the metal cover. you can see i believe i put 3 - 30 gram weights and 3 -32 gram weights in ricks clutch which should give him about a 6500-6700 shiftout. that may sound low for you, but for a stock machine that is peak power. any more RPMs than that and the motor actually starts to lose power because of the restrictive throttlebody. this clutch also acts tons differently than the stock clutch. where the stock clutch will tend to bog down and lose RPMs on long hill climbs, this new clutch will automatically backshift and keep the engine right at peak power. that is one of the wonders of this CVtech clutch. it works and performs marvelously with our machines. if you guys do take the clutch apart, be sure that when you put the primary back together, you line the hex in the plate up with the hex on the shaft before you run the nut down. the nut needs loctite on it. just a dab on the threads of the nut will be plenty.

Sounds good we will probably only change weight if it is 6600 or less even if 7100 is a couple hp less I think this should be the sweat spot for a stock engine with extra weight due to the extra inertia in the motor all the way out to the tires it really helps out with the heavy sand on the really steep hills in my experience but I am really looking forward to see this baby in action.

·
Registered
861 Posts
come on Matt,,you can make a drive up!! ;) I always got cold beer, usually about 8-10 diff brands..right now i got, coors light, budlight, mgd 64, corona, widmer hefeweizen, flying dog, longhammer IPA, drifter pale ale, guiness, and some stone ipa, maybe a few others layin around...anyone is welcome. I am planning saturday to finish the car, i still have some templates to cut, then clutch, floor, modify the gas tank, seat mounts and seats go in, and for the finale....run the wiring to the rear lights and whips...then of course, driving it...:D everyone on the forum is welcome...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You guys are killing me with all this cold beer talk. I am doing simulator training at Flight Safety in Ohio through Tuesday or I'd be there just to drink Splits beer. The hell with the clutch! :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
"Sparky" dayum dude...this week is costing me any bonus i get this year...was the patron really worth it? lol....Invite is open to all forum members, there is plenty to do, drink and maybe BBQ up a pollo asada lunch! :eek: Come on Todd, that you can do "simulator " training with microsoft software now a days!!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
"Sparky" dayum dude...this week is costing me any bonus i get this year...was the patron really worth it? lol....Invite is open to all forum members, there is plenty to do, drink and maybe BBQ up a pollo asada lunch! :eek: Come on Todd, that you can do "simulator " training with microsoft software now a days!!

I agree with you. Just get the Fed's to sign off on the Microsoft Flight Sim. lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Make that offer end of January beginning of Febuary and I"ll be there

·
Registered
463 Posts
ya maybe I'll catch a ride with Todd then. Were are you in Ohio Todd maybe I'll buy you some beers?

·
Registered
491 Posts
come on Matt,,you can make a drive up!! ;) I always got cold beer, usually about 8-10 diff brands..right now i got, coors light, budlight, mgd 64, corona, widmer hefeweizen, flying dog, longhammer IPA, drifter pale ale, guiness, and some stone ipa, maybe a few others layin around...anyone is welcome. I am planning saturday to finish the car, i still have some templates to cut, then clutch, floor, modify the gas tank, seat mounts and seats go in, and for the finale....run the wiring to the rear lights and whips...then of course, driving it...:D everyone on the forum is welcome...

man id love to be there to give ya a hand and drink free beer , but ive been crazy busy down here and havnt had time to mess with mine . we have a 200+mile trip coming up next weekend and i need to stay home and get mine dialed in . by the looks of it youre going to be in good hands ! good luck and let me know how she turn out !

·
Registered
861 Posts
ok...its official...its alot different looking then the stuff i sent out to ya..lol..hmmm i will need to call ya and get some instruction on this jobber...don't want to do it wrong! thanks Split

·
Registered
463 Posts
Too far from me sorry. There is some nice places down there though. Have a nice stay.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts