Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a last minute invite to ride in Harlan Ky last saturday. Had a good ride until we decided to leave. Had to ride the brakes alot coming off the mountain and about halfway down the pedal was getting closer to the floor everytime I hit it. Had to pump them to work. After a quick ride through town they worked fine. I guess the fluid got hot? Anybody have this problem?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
go to a place called Geno's Garage on the net.. a diesel parts place ... they have DOT 5.1 .. it is compatible with all other DOT brake fluid [EXCEPT 5.0 which is only compatible with 5.0] and is at a very reasonable price compared to the market price.

your brake fluid heat issues will go away forever

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Got a last minute invite to ride in Harlan Ky last saturday. Had a good ride until we decided to leave. Had to ride the brakes alot coming off the mountain and about halfway down the pedal was getting closer to the floor everytime I hit it. Had to pump them to work. After a quick ride through town they worked fine. I guess the fluid got hot? Anybody have this problem?
I had the same problem. I flushed my system with Dot 4 synthetic and the problems went away. check this thread.

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-safety-discussions/127-2006-prowler-brake-problem.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 11 of 11 Posts