Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about trying to find replacement springs for the stock shocks on the XTZ. They are the bigger shocks now, so I think most springs will fit. There are 2 things I want to accomplish. I want to raise the rear end a bit, and I want to keep it from bottoming out so easily. My stock rears are cranked as tight as they will go. I was thinking about getting 2" longer springs. Will that raise my ride height at all? And does anyone know what the stock length and spring rates on the XTZ are? If I find that out, I will probably go with 50 or 100# stiffer springs. Prowlers always seem to sag in the ass end. You would think they could fix that..........

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dentless...as you know i have the same dilema...i looked at the rzr elka shocks and teryx shocks on my friends rides and they both have waaay more coils and the springs are way thicker. Not sure you would need longer springs but stiffer would work. I have emailed and called just about everyone i can to get new shocks...so far the only thing promising is the fox rep and walker evans. WE says mid- may, fox says they have them but no retailers do and the rep is waiting on the engineers to give me part numbers. I think randy at atvonics (thanks for calling randy!) can get elkas but thats outta my range. I did email elka and king and got no response from either factory. Good luck in your hunt, let me know what you find...

Split

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know if these will fit, but WER has different springs to order for UTV's in multiple spring rates.

Walker Evans Racing

Maybe something will fit?????????????????????????????????????????
Does anyone know the stock spring rates for a 06 650?
The WE site says 250LBS front and rear, is that right?
I've got a set of shocks that I'd like to try on my Prowler, but they need new springs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
does anyone know the stock length, inside diameter, outside diameter, and what type of spring we have on the 1000's, I might have a lead on some replacements from Zbroz Racing.

·
Registered
861 Posts
all i know is that when i order some they will have the HD springs at least in the rear...i cant believe how much the 1000's sag..its crazy...i really questions if they even have 250lb springs on them. I havent seen a shot of the rear of a 1000 that did not sag with the exception of a bone stock one.:eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone know the stock length, inside diameter, outside diameter, and what type of spring we have on the 1000's, I might have a lead on some replacements from Zbroz Racing.
I just measured mine to see. They are regular 2" shocks on the XTZs. The inside diameter of the spring is about 3 1/4" and the outside is 4". I think it is a pretty standard size. The rear shock is a dual rate shock and the front is single rate. I did not jack mine up and release the spring tensioners to get a real stock length. But, I would guess the fronts are 12" and the backs maybe 12 1/2-13". I definately want to go with 13 1/2" long springs for the back. I would say 350# springs if they are single rate would probably be good. If you go 400# I think you will get a lot of bucking in the rear end. Let me know if anyone can come up with any springs that are 13 1/2" long and about 350-375#....................

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Call foddrils,Denny stocks lots of springs.They should be in two inch incriments.Twelve,fourteen,sixteen etc.And if a 2.0 spring will work on a xtz Denny will have 300's,350's,400,s.etc in stock.And as far as a 400 lb spring on a stock or after market shock on a standard travel cat you are not gonna like the result.First the stock cast spring retainer is gonna grenade.Second Dentless is right that thing will buck like your wife when you tell her she is not as good as her sister while you are hitting it from behind.
On mine 350's are a little to much on a fox 2.0 with 160-180 lbs of stereo in the bedI would say that a 300-325 will get you there on a non xtz style shock location.Now on a xtz the shock is at a different angle so i would think the spring would be a little different.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys, We have replacement springs for the XTZ. We are going with a 350 lb spring and it is 14" long. The stock ones only tested at 211 lbs. They will bow easily and then start sagging like most of ours have. I can special order different springs if some of you are only doing 2 seaters. Give me a call or PM if you are interested. The price will be $53.00 per spring.

·
Registered
861 Posts
man thats a killer price Mike! Any 4 seater option in the works? thanks Split

·
Registered
122 Posts
the 350 lb springs are going to be for the 4 seater, if you like we will also have 400 lb springs available for the XTZ's. I had 2 of my guys in the back of the XTZ w/ full cage w/ the 400's and it seemed to have alittle too much spring to it so we went with the 350's. We have the gusset kit ready for the XTZ's and our new suicide doors for the XTZ's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have not tested the front springs for the lb. They are probalbly less than the 211 lb rear springs. I think 250's or 300's would be great and they would not bow like the stock ones.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts