Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RD I'm sure you can help with this. What's the difference between 2007 & 2009 front ROP? The rear and the supporting cross member have the same part numbers but the fronts have different ones.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
2007/2009 650 Prowler are the same part number. The 2009 700 has a different part number and the front ROPS is different! Actually same hoop, just provisions for a rear view mirror (threaded inserts) have been added for the 700.

Reactions: Bryan

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was hoping it was something minor, I just hit the "buy now" for a used hardtop off a 2009 XTX. My soft top is getting in bad shape and finding a hardtop is tough!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard top from Power Sports Nation should get delivered today. Then the work begins, I'm going to cut the rear roll up panel off the soft top to reuse, I'm hoping my 2-piece Bestop doors line up at the top to make a good seal for cold weather, they do have some adjustment up & down. From the pics it looked in decent shape just needs some cleanup, I guess I'll find out this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as I feared, the Bestop doors are a little short. For now I'll fab something to fill in the gap but I would prefer to lower the cage to fit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I chopped my cage 2" in the rear, but with the side panels you will have to lower the rear a like amount. I ended up eliminating mine.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever route I go I'm going to like this hardtop better than the soft top, I've been looking for one for a long time. I didn't even try to talk them down on price, I've missed out on too many deals by waiting too long and finding a factory roof was dang near impossible. It was $222 from Power Sports Nation but worth it.

The soft top managed to dump water right in the driver's seat, I've patched it in several areas and sealed it with some canvas tent waterproofing but it's taken a beating from trees.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I wouldn't trade my hardtop for anything!

Reactions: mlh1962

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Absolutely not! I love mine, And the glass windshield and rear sliding window. Just need some full hard doors, next! Talk about hard to find!

Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I wouldn't trade my hardtop for anything!
Amen Brother ... a soft top where I ride would have been ripped to shreds in very short time ... lifting tree limbs to get down an old trail would have done it in. better said where 99% of my miles are from, now living in the high desert no trees but working on the bottom side now with the rocks :( ... sure miss the Idaho forests

Reactions: mlh1962

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just need some full hard doors, next! Talk about hard to find!
I ended up finding all parts for a set of Bestop doors, got a good closeout deal on the frames, door bags, and upper half of the doors from seller on eBay. The hard door skins I found on Amazon at dang near full price. They give me several options, I pull the skins off for summer and throw the upper half in the bed if I think it would rain while out.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet I can guess who owned this hardtop before me, it still has the registration sticker!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts