Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

starting / electrical issue

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  WIProwler 
#1 ·
Fried something while trying to start 2006 prowler that had been sitting for a while. Only clicks from near battery when turning key. Battery OK and fully charged. Replaced starter motor, and solenoid / spark plug wire (which I damaged while checking for a spark. Have checked fuses in box near battery. Do I need to do something to engage new starter?

Please forward any ideas.

#2 ·
First, are you sure your battery is good? I think I had a situation similar that my battery just wasn't cutting it. Just to be sure, you may hook up some jumper cables to your car/truck for that extra juice just to be sure.

#3 ·
How long has it been since the valves have been adjusted? Does it crank with the spark plug out?

#4 ·
Could be a bad battery cell. I had one thatll show as charged on my charger but wouldnt turn the machine over. Replaced it and it started right up. Will it start if you connect jumper cables?

#7 ·
If your battery is two years old and it sat that long,you will be very lucky if the battery is still good.try putting a load test on the battery.what was your volts when you tested battery.the load test will tell the story.Welcome aboard,great members.

#6 ·
Out of curiosity, does your charger have a jump start mode? Mine only charges at a 9 amp max. It'd do the same thing, dash would fire up nice n amber with no errors, but once I turned the key it'd just click. But once I threw some jumper cables on connected to my trucks battery, it would turn over and fire up. Turned out the battery was shot (which was a direct result of my first Dynatek box having some serious issues). Ended up buying a new battery and switching back to the stock wiring harness. No problems since.

#8 ·
anddddd if you replace your battery ... buy an oversized Odyssey for it .. well worth the extra $$ for power levels they have and longevity

#10 ·
X2 ... but have to figure out what fits .. I'll want as large as will fit in the space for sure !!!!.

#13 ·
Doesitturnover with the sparkplug out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.