Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I posted this a year ago and the problem still haunts me. My 650 carb. prowler cranks over very slowly 50% of the time. it is like almost dead when you turn the key and will catch now and again.

New full charged battery.
HELP please
Have you adjusted the valves? Mine would hit a spot where the starter would not turn the motor over, thought it was the starter going bad but the valve were out of adjustment. Set them to spec and its started fine for a year now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I posted this a year ago and the problem still haunts me. My 650 carb. prowler cranks over very slowly 50% of the time. it is like almost dead when you turn the key and will catch now and again.

New full charged battery.
HELP please
Even though it's a new battery, I would still recommend that you have it load tested.
Wouldn't be the 1st time a new battery didn't pass a load test! Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your description sounds exactly like my problem. Clicking on half the attempts, slow turn-over when lucky.

My problem turned out to be a faulty spring on the start-up compression release, which doesn't appear in the schematic blow-up. Arctic Cat fixed mine under warranty replacing the entire cam assembly. I was told the spring wasn't to specifications. If you can get the specs, it's a $5 spring, if you can't, then it's the full cam assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey yall im having a low to no spark problem i have a 08 thunder cat 1000 i have been tracing wires and checking relays and ohming everything out im in need of some help thought i would give this a try it runs fine at times and rough at times and not at all got fuel getting to the injecters its starting to be a major headache thanks in advance any help would be gratefull

41 - 45 of 45 Posts