Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK as i had my front end apart for the king shock install i ran across this on the steering column...not sure if this is the only one but what the hell arctic cat? :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry fellas no more pix, thought this one said it all...the column is rubbing on the frame horn in the front under the cooler basket...anyone else pulled theirs off to look at stuff...?:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oh man that sucks.. I will check mine in the morning cuz mine has always seemed very hard to steer and does squeek sometimes when turning the wheel hmmmmmm...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Checked mine and it is rubbing slightly as welll.. this could be an issue... can anyone else check their XTZ to see if they all rub or did we bend something???

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not really but it felt kind of loosey goosey when i first started driving it...Havent heard any squeaks . squealling or anything...Split

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I will call Mike at Prestige tomorrow and see if mine has wear marks on it,

Johnny has his at the shop, I will pm him see if he can look also

i am hearing rumors of billet steering racks in the works, but that is $$$

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how hard is it to clear a friggin frame head? jeezus AC....

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
09 XTX rubbing alittle

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I talked to Artic Cat this morning at 6:45 am The said the issue is the steering rack is mounted in rubber and the steering shaft rubs because you are traveling at speed and hanging on to the steering wheel (pulling on the wheel) moving the steering rack. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine's doing the same thing...with only 10 miles on it....

i sprayed some silicone on the two universal steering joints (the one under the dash was hard to hit) and it was like night and day! honestly, mine steered harder than my buddy's rhino in diff. lock......my elbows were really sore after the first few hours of riding......

good thread....

·
Registered
583 Posts
My 08 rubs too. Want to see something really scary? Jack up the front, grab the wheel and jerk from side to side and watch the steering rack and steering shaft all flex back and forth. I did this yesterday to check the condition of the front end parts and I was shocked. If you grab one wheel and force turn the other through the rack it will really flex on its mounts. I'm amazed these things don't break every time you hit something with the side of the front wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
thats sounds pretty scarry for how fast these things are. I bet they are supposed to give some rather than just breaking a rack or something.

·
Registered
294 Posts
For those of you that have steering that seems to be harder than it should,check and see how hard the steering wheel is torqued down. If the steering wheel is too tight the steering becomes hard.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My XTZ rubs in the exact same spot. I was just going to grind a little off the frame for some clearance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts