Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, before every ride i tend to look over the prowler really well, yesterday i noticed for the first time a rusty weld on my steering rack mount, and it appears that one of the welds have cracked a wile ago, im looking into bracing up the mounts and kind of redoing the ft end with new ball joints, and tie rods, ect..ect.. does anyone have pictures or ideas on how to keep that steering plate from flexing. also wheres a good place to buy ball joints and is the uper and lower ball joints the same thing i beleive they are but would like some input thanks...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I believe the ball joints are the same for the upper and lower. I think Desertcat and Joe have used the All Balls brand of ball joints. I am sure they will chime in.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Chime CHIME CHIME!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yes the ALL Balls are steel not Aluminum like OEM

·
Registered
130 Posts
The ball joints are all the same on a 2006, suspect it's the same for a 2007 . Original part # is 0405-115. I'd be interested in knowing what other users are replacing these with as well.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The ball joints are all the same on a 2006, suspect it's the same for a 2007 . Original part # is 0405-115. I'd be interested in knowing what other users are replacing these with as well.
ALL Balls seems to be the ticket.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how soon has everyones ball joints wore out im sure im overdue since mine are oem from 07, what about that plate your rack and pinion steering is bolted to mine flexis like crazy i have i small crack in a weld im going to take care of but has anyone reinforced theirs

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Yes I did mine but also re did the shock mounts and x braced it under the storage compartment. And I tied the x bracing into the rack mounting plate. However I changed the rack out too and the new rack has a third mounting hole and that alone stiffens the plate up too. I was gonna try and get you a pic this evening but ran out of time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks i can see how a 3rd hole would work better, im going to come up with some thing, to stiffin it, a picture would be great when you have time. thanks sandchris

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes I did mine but also re did the shock mounts and x braced it under the storage compartment. And I tied the x bracing into the rack mounting plate. However I changed the rack out too and the new rack has a third mounting hole and that alone stiffens the plate up too. I was gonna try and get you a pic this evening but ran out of time.[/QUO

Speaking of the racks mine moves all over. Hey Chris can you please take a gander at my pile o SCAT rack. :D
Along with my other issues .. Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have some buddies who own a fab shop gonna cut out the whole bracket and weld in a better set up ill post pics when complete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts