Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, was wondering if anyone else with tilt steering ever had an issue with having the steering wheel flopping around?? i have a good inch of play up, down, side to side or wich ever direction. will i have to change the tilt mechanism or???

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yes I have the same problem with mine the dealer I bought it at says its normal. Thats why they lost Arctic Cat I hope. Cat Care extended warranty says its a covered part but wont gaurantee. That it will be covered. Also its not servicable you have to replace the whole thing and its over 300.00 Bucks! They have an updated one that does not have the play in it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks Joe..dang that ain't normal, didn't have that much play when new!?!?!?! ...if i have to pay over $300 for a fix i'm thinking of deleting the tilt, and put on the 700 XT steering shaft..should work??.i barely do use the tilt anyways, and would be allot cheaper than having to change the tilt mechanism every 1500 or so miles!!!.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just picked up my Prowler from the shop yesterday, had to have a new front diff put in(warranty thank god)...and looks like it'll go back soon. the folks there are gonna start to hate me. LOL.......not my fault Cat has some workmanship issues. hehe. in 1600 miles i think it will be the 8th time it goes in....oh, when i got home from picking it up, i noticed the brand new diff still had the lil red cap on the vent!!! good thing i noticed or they would have had to change all the seals on a brand new diff.....good mechs i have to deal with huh!?!?!?! frustrating as hell....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cat do have some issues but not dissin Cat in general...but the dealership i have to deal with!!! they have become a real pain in my rear end! :mad:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Went to the AC Dealer in Avondale today and asked about my Tilt wheel problem and to my surprise they will warranty it! Ive liked this dealer from the start but now they are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts