Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a stereo in my 2006 Prowler that would cut out whenever I would accelerate or slow down. I brought it into a stereo shop and they said it is most likely the stator is bad... could this be possible. It is just a stock automotive deck with a couple speakers.. no amp or anything.... any suggestions on how I fix this.. could it be the Stator..? thanks in advance for any feedback...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response and the "welcome" I look forward to learning more about my Arctic Cat on here... The Headlights are totally fine. No issues there at all...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Does your lights dim when you turn on auto deck? Check terminals at the battery to be sure of no corrosion and adequately tight, may want to check out all connections and be sure audio deck has a good ground.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome Jscreens.. as posted earlier, If you headlights do not dim then your stator should be good. If you have a volt meter just test your battery with the engine off, then start it and see what you get. It should be higher, rev it and it should jumo up to 14-15 volts. If so then your stator it good. Where is your stereo memory wire connected and main power wire connected? If they are jumped off of another circut I would try running it straight to the battery and see what that does. Either way it sounds like a loose connection somewhere. I install stereos in SXS's on the side so I've done several. Keep up posted on your progress/results. And again welcome to the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts