Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm pretty much at the end of my built so now I'm installing a wet sounds Stealth 6 Ultra HD Bluetooth sound Bar,I also ordered a battery holder that's made for the PC925 Odyssey,I'll be installing the second battery under the driver's seat and it will be used for the Soundbar,I will put a battery tender lead from the battery so I can just plug it in and keep it charged when I'm done using it.....most guys run all day without draining the battery,,,,,,,I want to do this for our friday night get togethers at my buddy's,everyone that brings there Buggy's has to keep switching back and forth so they don't run down there main battery.Plus I will be using it in my garage also.....

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Well I'm pretty much at the end of my built so now I'm installing a wet sounds Stealth 6 Ultra HD Bluetooth sound Bar,I also ordered a battery holder that's made for the PC925 Odyssey,I'll be installing the second battery under the driver's seat and it will be used for the Soundbar,I will put a battery tender lead from the battery so I can just plug it in and keep it charged when I'm done using it.....most guys run all day without draining the battery,,,,,,,I want to do this for our friday night get togethers at my buddy's,everyone that brings there Buggy's has to keep switching back and forth so they don't run down there main battery.Plus I will be using it in my garage also.....

what no man cave sounds like a big booming stereo w/speakers everywhere ... figured you'd have all the high tec stuff there too

Reactions: de3

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have a entertainment system in the garage,but the wife didn't like it late at night for some reason......

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
I got a ghetto blaster in the garage, only thing is that it changes stations as the wind shifts! Have to find my 8 track player! LOL

Reactions: Bryan and de3

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ghetto Blaster.....haven't heard that in a while. haven't even seen one.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
it's on his shoulder when he is out riding :)

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Good One!
I mounted a Lansing Altec Boom Jacket on the roll bar and blue tooth my Ipod to it. But I want to buy a soundbar for it some time.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I had a guy give me a speaker setup he made for his RZR after he made a new setup. This one has 2 Pyle speakers, amp, volume control, and a input jack. I had a 12 volt plug on it and just used the accessory socket for power but I liked Mike's idea of having a separate power. I came across a old Ridgid 18 volt drill that didn't work and the gears starting turning.

I pulled all the guts out of the drill and cut the handle so all I had was the part the battery clipped on and part of the handle. I screwed it to the speaker box and now all I have to do is pop in one of my Ridgid batteries and I have sound! Just got it going tonight but still working on it, I plan on adding a switch so I don't have to pull the battery to cut the power. I've got 4 batteries, 2- 18V 4-Amp/Hour Packs and 2- 18V Lithium Ion 4-Amp/Hour Packs that I can charge and swap out.

Reactions: de3 and Fairmont79

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I had a guy give me a speaker setup he made for his RZR after he made a new setup. This one has 2 Pyle speakers, amp, volume control, and a input jack. I had a 12 volt plug on it and just used the accessory socket for power but I liked Mike's idea of having a separate power. I came across a old Ridgid 18 volt drill that didn't work and the gears starting turning.

I pulled all the guts out of the drill and cut the handle so all I had was the part the battery clipped on and part of the handle. I screwed it to the speaker box and now all I have to do is pop in one of my Ridgid batteries and I have sound! Just got it going tonight but still working on it, I plan on adding a switch so I don't have to pull the battery to cut the power. I've got 4 batteries, 2- 18V 4-Amp/Hour Packs and 2- 18V Lithium Ion 4-Amp/Hour Packs that I can charge and swap out.

you know around here IT DIDN'T HAPPEN UNTIL PIC'S ARE POSTED :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
you know around here IT DIDN'T HAPPEN UNTIL PIC'S ARE POSTED :)
You are a demanding bunch!

Right now I just have the box temporarily strapped to the cage until I get the switches install, might add a dome light to it also.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
You are a demanding bunch!

Right now I just have the box temporarily strapped to the cage until I get the switches install, might add a dome light to it also.

looking good , works as planned I hope .. an LED small light adds a ton of light when it's dark out , so won't take much

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
We be just like a bunch of kids! LOL Now I'm roaming the shop looking for power packs!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
We be just like a bunch of kids! LOL Now I'm roaming the shop looking for power packs!
Hmm I do still have this battery out of the grandson's old Power Wheels Gator. It holds a charge for a long time, I could mount it under the hood and run a few accessories. I hooked up a couple 18 watt LED lights to it that I'm going to mount and after 4 hours I finally turned them off and they were still going strong.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts

That's a hell of an idea! Got my mind wandering all over the place right now thinking of possibilities to add power to! I knew I saved my old broken Ryobi 18v flashlights for some reason! Wow!!! Wore me out, I need a nap now...

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Ya, you youngsters are all alike! Eat, and sleep! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Cool Idea on the battery's...now you'll be jammin.............:D

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
These Prowler folks are pretty creative! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I wire the 18w LED cube lights to the Ridgid battery also, with the 4 amp/hr battery the stereo and lights were still going after 2 hrs. The battery indicator was on the last light, so with the 2 batteries I have I should get at least 4 hours of run time with the lights, I don't think I'll ever run out of power for just the stereo. I just used some old switches I had lying around, now that I know it will work it's time to dress it up a bit. I also want to make the setup easy to remove to use as a stand-alone Boom box if I want. Probably would have been easier to buy a good bluetooth speaker but where's the fun in that!

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Completely agree! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts