Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this video and tell me its not suppose to be pushing air bubbles into the coolant reservoir... It has been bled numerous times by me and the dealer and they say this air bleeding is normal.. It also looses 6oz of coolant a day riding the high desert trails, I would also say that is not normal.. The exhaust smells sweet and when cold it only fires on 1 cylinder (coolant in the other I am assuming).. Any dealers in AZ wanna tackle this and do it right?? I have the extended cat care 2 year warranty.. This XTZ hasnt been right since I got it.. The guys at my local dealer are refusing there is an issue and I am not ever gonna go there again..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Watch this video and tell me its not suppose to be pushing air bubbles into the coolant reservoir... It has been bled numerous times by me and the dealer and they say this air bleeding is normal.. It also looses 6oz of coolant a day riding the high desert trails, I would also say that is not normal.. The exhaust smells sweet and when cold it only fires on 1 cylinder (coolant in the other I am assuming).. Any dealers in AZ wanna tackle this and do it right?? I have the extended cat care 2 year warranty.. This XTZ hasnt been right since I got it.. The guys at my local dealer are refusing there is an issue and I am not ever gonna go there again..

Well all I can say as a Retired Ford Tech is if it looks like a pig and smells like a pig? I would take it to a dealer that has Mechanics who know how to fix something.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Try the dealer in Avondale they are good to me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have read everything about overheating on this forum I want to get the bigger radiator but need to get this head gasket issue sorted first before AC blames the bigger radiator as the cause of the problem and sticks me with a expensive repair bill.. I almost wish I didnt have the extended warranty so I could say F#&@ it and just build the motor with lower compression and use my buddies EFI computer he builds ( www.powerefi.com) and a intercooled turbo to make some serious power but I have the warranty so that will all have to wait haha :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Arctic Cat has a new gasket, p/n 0830-209 that supposedly fixes the problem. When you go to the dealer, tell them to install that part number. I already have some in stock at my dealership in case any of my customer's XTZs start having these problems. Luckily none so far have.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Darryl I will be sure to tell where ever I take it about that gasket.. Hopefully this Cat Care extended warranty is better than gm or fords extended warranties..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris they have replaced 1 head gasket without checking the head surfaces for trueness(which I am sure are warped because it is still leaking). I took it back a second time because it was loosing coolant and they said there is no issue it just needed to be bled.. They were also squawking about how AC hadn't paid them for the warranty claim yet so I think thats why they were hesitant to do anything else on it. Well here I am months later still losing coolant and just about all my friends who work for car dealers or have their own auto shops say that bubbling in the reservoir is definitely an issue with the head gasket..

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I agree there should be no bubbling. I am assuming that they used the bubbling in the first place to determine that there was a problem. Another thing is why in the hell change just one gasket? How did they know which one was leaking? And if they did know which one was leaking how did they know that the other one was not? And as far as AC not paying them yet I don't think it was their place to involve you in that. All manufacturers have 30,45,and 60 or more to pay. That is written in the contracts. My advice is to contact cat care yourself. I think they will talk to you.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to Cat Care and they said to bring it to any dealer and let them tear it down to determine the problem and whether or not it will be covered, which if they say its not AC will be hearing from my attorney for selling me a $14,000 lemon since it was never fixed in the first place.. Another thing the dealer said that I remember is that AC directed them to just install a new gasket and that they wouldnt cover any machine work (which I would have gladly paid for).. They tried explaining that they call AC and the AC tech directs them what to do and what to replace..hmmmm

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Sounds like they will take care of you. Maybe the last dealer that worked on had something to do with it not being fixed right. Makes sense with their attitude. Who was this dealer that treated you this way? Sounds awful funny to me that cat care is so willing to let you take it anywhere you want. Yet your dealer would not help. Maybe a head gasket job is to much for them?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would normally not say who did me wrong but now I have to drive 2 hours to Phoenix each way with a trailer to get it fixed so they deserve it.. It was Cycle Zone in Prescott Valley.. I heard their Wickenburg store went under so I bet this one is next.. The owner guy Rich is real cool pre-sale but after that he is a dick and he will dread seeing you if you have any post sale issues and he makes sure you know that he is dreading you being there.. After I returned with the head gasket issue a month after I bought it he was a total ass about it and acted like I did something wrong.. I even paid full price for my bike through them so I could get it that day to go camping with some friends that weekend.. I could have and should have went to Phoenix to get a good deal and post sales service.. What dealer do you use Chris?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Brandon I got to be honest with you all of them scare the hell out of me. What freaks me out is when you deal with these guys and your grandma knows more about what you are dealing with than the mechanics.I have a suggestion for you though. Before I took it anywhere I would call and talk with their service dept. I would ask questions like how do you know what head gasket is leaking? Should both be changed to the better gaskets? Should the head bolts be changed to the newer better ones? Can we have the head surface checked? Granted you might have to pay for the surface check and maybe new bolts. I am pretty sure though that if you ask these questions you will get a good feel for who you are dealing with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts