Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Almost 100% stock here.

2006 Prowler - added a marine stereo, a 2 piece windshield, and a horn. (allthough adding some extra lights shortly).

Was always confused why folks buy a machine and then pimp it out!! :D I suppose it depends what you're in to. I'm just doing trail riding in the area of my cabin - so stock suits me just fine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
paradisedude... I think It's one of those deals where you want to do 1 or 2 mods and it all builds off that. Like for example where I live we do alot of riding, 50% Steep Rocky Mountain Trails and 50% Deep Soupy Mud...Unfortunately there's not really a stock machine out there that will do both efficiently... Even moding the machine it's still a pain... Just giving you some feedback on why one might feel the need to. But then you step back go wow... I've got 15k in a 10k machine...crap! lol

·
Registered
733 Posts
I said that I would always just run mine stock.. a year later.. not so stock! hahah

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like everything modified....I'd even modify the wife with some "aftermarket parts" if she'd let me! ;) LOL

·
Registered
412 Posts
LMAO!!! Heck I'm at the point now where I'm starting to think about how to mod my mods! But in all seriousness I have a buddy that's always giving me a hard time for always working on the Prowler and all the stuff I'm doing to it.. It doesn't make sense to him.. but I don't say anything to him about having 30k in a 68' Camaro that he's always doing something to and only drives once a month. What's the difference? Oh yeah.. I'm not spending nearly as much and I actually have fun in my Prowler! Everyone needs a hobby they can actually be creative with and stand back and be proud of a project you did yourself. For me and alot of us this is that hobby!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
paradisedude,your still not stock now your getting ready to add lights,your starting to get the fever,everybody needs a hobby,lifes to short i dont think i have ever left any thing stock.like daryle TN said 9300 dollars when i bought prowler now its up to 15000 dollars,i always caught heck from buddys saing i work on it more than i ride it, not because its broke down just have the fever.they always joked and said if i was in a wheel chair it wouldnt be stock either. probably not todds custom billet has different wheels for them......................

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine is basically stock with the exception I have adapted the shoulder belts to work on my 2006 (easy install, no welding) and I have aftermarket wheels and tires. I do have a modification in the works right now. So I guess it won't be stock for long...:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
One time my wife suggested that I might want to start going to the gym because I looked like I was slowly getting out of shape...I in return suggested that she might want to get a boob job because each year they were getting out of shape. Yes I slept on the sofa for a week, but she has yet to tell me to go to the gym again! So sometimes in can work out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Of course wife modification parts are already available.......does anybody have the guts to tell their wife that she needs some modifications though??? lol
Luckily for me I have a wife with a great sense of humor! (has to, to be married to me for 11 years and climbing) ;) She talked about implants a few years back but it was me who said no..... well after child birth and gravity... lets just say I may be changing my mind! LOL

Ok back to Prowler talk... :D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Engine is all stock....and bad stock at the moment if you saw my other post. I had to install turn signals, we're allowed to drive on city streets with a permit. Turn signals aren't required by the city but one day my wife was driving and I saw a piece of paper taped to the dash with stick men drawn on it to remind her of what hand signals to use:rolleyes:. So I asked my daughter to show me hand signals, when she did the right turn she stuck her right arm out and poked me in the face :eek: So I now have signals...safer for everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts