Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a new member that is going to do a motor swap on his Prowler,should be very interesting.:D:D:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
looking forward to it:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks de3 for the help ill use this thread for the pic only one thing idk how to past the pic it won't let me. I have on of the motor I jus for. Also I talk to a guy here in Yuma he own ORBS. And gave me some good ideas even might have a rear end I can use ill find out tmrw man I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks de3 for the help ill use this thread for the pic only one thing idk how to past the pic it won't let me. I have on of the motor I jus for. Also I talk to a guy here in Yuma he own ORBS. And gave me some good ideas even might have a rear end I can use ill find out tmrw man I can't wait.
Go to the top of the page and hit FAQ then scroll down until you see posting pictures,I think it will tell you how to do it,very easy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not the best pic but ill take another one soon this is the new engine that I will b placing into my prowler SV1 can't wait. Sry it doesn't look good and posted sideways ill figure out how to rotate it next time idk y it came out sideways

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Just what your Prowler needs! Should make for a fun ride!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the best pic but ill take another one soon this is the new engine that I will b placing into my prowler SV1 can't wait. Sry it doesn't look good and posted sideways ill figure out how to rotate it next time idk y it came out sideways
I cant wait to see it sitting in the prowler.:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
should be a fun ride.......:eek: are you going to loose the four wheel drive???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes I will be losing 4x4 but that's ok not really worried about that only a little. From what I'm told its 120 HP and 93 HP at the wheels so should make up for it. Just a little update I just spoke with Jason for WELLER RACING and told me it would be no problem installing their rear end but with minor fab work to the axles and cv's not a big deal. Which means ill be getting rid of my gorilla axles I have in now to bad I can't keep them. WELLER RACING is also in the works of a reverse that will install directly into the rear end I will be putting in. I won't need a reverse gearbox so that's also a good thing. Things seem to b falling into place perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I will be losing 4x4 but that's ok not really worried about that only a little. From what I'm told its 120 HP and 93 HP at the wheels so should make up for it. Just a little update I just spoke with Jason for WELLER RACING and told me it would be no problem installing their rear end but with minor fab work to the axles and cv's not a big deal. Which means ill be getting rid of my gorilla axles I have in now to bad I can't keep them. WELLER RACING is also in the works of a reverse that will install directly into the rear end I will be putting in. I won't need a reverse gearbox so that's also a good thing. Things seem to b falling into place perfect.
Thats awesome sounds like you are on a roll:D:D

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Sounds like it is coming together nicely, now you have to send more pictures!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I started stripping it apart today so I can figure out how to put the new engine can't wait. I'm goin to be busy this weekend so won't be able to get at it again til Monday or so. Sorry the pic is sideways I could figure out how to set it right I even tried turning my phone sideways but didn help also the pic is small sry again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I started stripping it apart today so I can figure out how to put the new engine can't wait. I'm goin to be busy this weekend so won't be able to get at it again til Monday or so. Sorry the pic is sideways I could figure out how to set it right I even tried turning my phone sideways but didn help also the pic is small sry again.
Awesome looking build,cant wait to see it finished..................:):)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well it's all gutted now and ready to get the new motor put in so probably this wknd it will have the motor in if all goes well. I forgot to take a pic but I will soon. It's jus down to the frame now. If all goes well it should b ready for thanksgiving wknd. Crossing my fingers

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's all gutted now and ready to get the new motor put in so probably this wknd it will have the motor in if all goes well. I forgot to take a pic but I will soon. It's jus down to the frame now. If all goes well it should b ready for thanksgiving wknd. Crossing my fingers
Cant wait to see it.:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Should be well worth the effort!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well here it is everything out but the engine getting ready to remove ASAP. Does anyone know why my pics keep loading the wrong way or how I can fix it? Also if anyone is interested or know anyone looking to do an engine swap to a SV1 I have the swing arm kit for sale.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Looks like a nice build! Full Cage, Fuel Cell, Beefed Suspension, Desert Racer!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks to me like who ever is taking the pictures is holding the device side ways or if it's from a phone the settings aren't on auto rotate. Looks great so far.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts