Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well autopac declined my claim so I'm in the process of repairing it my self. They said Cat's have problems with there frames and it is common to happen. They said they found it on line. I don't know where they found that info because I can't find it. But anyway I got two new axles on order(rhino) because they are toast and two u joints. Just got to wait for my diff to come back and I can fab up a new better stronger mount. In the process I'm also going to remove my e brake completely. I find it useless. I have only ever used it while trailering it. so when I get to the point of getting the bracket made I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I would challenge that decision ... where does it say that an insurance co gets to decline on that basis
don't know what ya have do to no sig. line or what the particulars are.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The only Cats with cracked frames were in 2006 with the Kawasaki 650V2 engine. That's all I'm aware of.
Bombadier has the frame problems.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm an insurance broker and I have never heard that one, no Ins Co can decline based on info found on the net, especialy if they can't tell you where they found the info... its crap if you dont mind me saying... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starting on my prowler. I should have my rear diff mount here tomorow. Here are the pictures of before I fix it. Enjoy. Ohya not even a month out of warranty on my machine. I think my next one will come out of the states warranties are over rated.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my diff bracket back on the weekend and tonight I have started to put it back together. Friday I got to go to the border to pick up my axles,ujonts and park lock. Going to work on it this weekend and forget about camping. want to get my baby back in the dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay picked up my stuff today. Put my baby back together. Used Rhino axles from Super ATV amd u joints from Bike Man. (ATV603 for the rears.) I have the new diff mount done and installed. As I was putting it together I also removed the e brake and rear sway bar. I will be ordering the engine cover for a different model with out the e brake.I also put a cheap fuel filter on my gas vent line. I have heard in polarid rzr forums pumps going south because lines suck dirt and take out pumps I have a park lock to install plus a windshield from the rzr.( I like this better) I will post pictures when I have it. Any way took it for a ride I still like this better than any other sport Utv out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Starting on my prowler. I should have my rear diff mount here tomorow. Here are the pictures of before I fix it. Enjoy. Ohya not even a month out of warranty on my machine. I think my next one will come out of the states warranties are over rated.
i can tell you from looking at the picts that some if not all of your problem is from running with the diff bolts loose. these do come loose so keep an eye on them. once they come loose it starts hammering the hell out of the brackets. the fronts will do the same!

·
Registered
27 Posts
i can tell you from looking at the picts that some if not all of your problem is from running with the diff bolts loose. these do come loose so keep an eye on them. once they come loose it starts hammering the hell out of the brackets. the fronts will do the same!
Thats good to know ! :eek:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I changed the bolts to a 8 grade with a better lock nut plus I used lock tight on the bolts. I will do the same to the front diff while I have the pan off. Also going to order both front u joints. they are the same as the rear and will now be greasable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts